G2 Folding Firebox Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dandan

Nov 23, 2007
South West France
I understand that these are now coming on stream from USA.

I know the original model was a good stove, although heavy at around 2 lbs , is does what it says on the tin . The updated model is the same weight , but has updated features.

The old models are going to be available at bargain prices once these new models reach UK.

Anyone got a new model yet?

Can any member please point me to a review of the original model if on B UK.

Thanks

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
I have the new G2 version the only difference is that it comes with 2 small tent peg type rods that fit into some holes drilled into the firebox, the revelation of these little changes means that you can now situate a Trangia burner exactly at the right height so that it cooks and burns more efficiently, I am a big fan of all the firebox products including the big brother of the G2 and although they carry a bit of weight, they have not distorted with the heat or the hinges have not seized, these firebox stoves are fab, very versatile and I think will last a lifetime

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
You could raise and lower the height of a trangia burner on the original one by putting the fire sticks in different holes. How is the new one different?

Great bit of kit

Andy

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
You could raise and lower the height of a trangia burner on the original one by putting the fire sticks in different holes. How is the new one different?

Great bit of kit

Andy

The video shows bigger holes/slots in 2 sides to allow bigger sticks to be side fed.
I have the original version. Great product but wouldn't pay to upgrade to the new model.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE