G shock watches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
Hi all im after buying a G shock watch but am unsure of wich one to get. can someone point me in the right direction , there are loads to choose from and are all different prices, also what functions are best to get eg compass ect ....

Do many on here have them or is there another watch that you would recomend.
cheers guys

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hi Bri, I wouldn't bother with any of the compass, barometer chuff, a simple time piece and a decent standard compass will be better every time, I have had the same model as this for the past five years and its never failed, :)

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
Cheers Dave, i was just gonna go out and buy a all singing and dancing one but thought hang on am a wasting my money ? what model you got mate or would recomend ?

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I expect its similar in operation chap, heres what mine looks like reread the back its a g7700 bl

G-7700BL-1ER.jpg

Jan 14, 2007
nairn
I've had my digital gshock for around 12-14 years still working as new And I am not protective of it in any way

I bought an analog one this year in a sale for use at work and as a water main layer it has taken a proper beasting fixing water pipes under pressure , up to the elbow in water, drilling slurry as well as construction site knocks and abrasion and there is hardly a mark on it

Well worth the money

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I had a PRG-50 with all the toys and it was a blinding watch. Gave it to my nephew after deciding to give a Suunto a go.
The toys are great if your pocket can stretch to them. The compass is handy for getting your "natural" compass developed and keeping an eye on the weather is just British IMO.

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
Love them, I think the features are good fun but the two I really recommend. Atomic time keeping, why pay thousands for a super reliable mechanical movement when you can just have your watch sync with an atomic clock every night. Tough solar, the verdict is still out a bit but if it gives 10+ years (some people on g-shock forums have done theoretical calculation to suggest the average person should get 20+ years) without worrying about batteries and losing waterproofness then well worth it.

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
well my new G-Shock Ga-100-1A4Er is just what i was after, perfect size looks good and lots of usefull functions (when i learn how to use them)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE