Fungi Winter Workshop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Here's an excellent opportunity to attend a Fungi Workshop :D

The Fungi workshop will take place in Chippenham village hall near Newmarket, Cambridgeshire and will be led by Jonathan Revett who has been interested in fungi since childhood and lives in South West Norfolk. He has taken groups on public forays in Thetford Forest on behalf of both Forestry Enterprise and Suffolk County Council for over ten years. Jonathan was recently featured in the Sunday Times and is regarded as the one of the best Mycologists in East Anglia. Jonathan's main interest is recording fungi and is an active member of the Norfolk Fungus Group and he also lectures regularly to various groups and organises workshops and exhibitions and a reflection of Jonathan's skills and popularity has been the doubling of public forays in recent years to meet demand.

Here's some useful information about the event.

• It's indoors at the Chippenham village hall near Newmarket.
  • He will talk about British fungi, their identification, habitats and times of year to find them.
  • Attendees can bring along their photographs for him to identify.
  • Date: Saturday 18th February 2006
  • Time: 10:30 – 15:00
  • Cost: £30
  • Tea and coffee would be provided, and a buffet lunch will be included in the cost.

Please PM Fenlander for any more information and to book your attendance for the workshop. Many thanks to Fenlander for all the work put into organising this.... :beerchug:

This is a non profit event, if there is any profits made they're going to be donated to the upkeep of Bushcraft UK

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Found it Tony and will book ASAP

Hope my suggestion for one or two 2006 in-the-woods identification classes gets the green light as I believe you agrre would be :cool:

Thanks.

Cheers

K

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Tony said:
Here's an excellent opportunity to attend a Fungi Workshop :D

The Fungi workshop will take place in Chippenham village hall near Newmarket, Cambridgeshire and will be led by Jonathan Revett who has been interested in fungi since childhood and lives in South West Norfolk. He has taken groups on public forays in Thetford Forest on behalf of both Forestry Enterprise and Suffolk County Council for over ten years. Jonathan was recently featured in the Sunday Times and is regarded as the one of the best Mycologists in East Anglia. Jonathan's main interest is recording fungi and is an active member of the Norfolk Fungus Group and he also lectures regularly to various groups and organises workshops and exhibitions and a reflection of Jonathan's skills and popularity has been the doubling of public forays in recent years to meet demand.

Here's some useful information about the event.

• It's indoors at the Chippenham village hall near Newmarket.
  • He will talk about British fungi, their identification, habitats and times of year to find them.
  • Attendees can bring along their photographs for him to identify.
  • Date: Saturday 18th February 2006
  • Time: 10:30 – 15:00
  • Cost: £30
  • Tea and coffee would be provided, and a buffet lunch will be included in the cost.

Please PM Fenlander for any more information and to book your attendance for the workshop. Many thanks to Fenlander for all the work put into organising this.... :beerchug:

This is a non profit event, if there is any profits made they're going to be donated to the upkeep of Bushcraft UK

How many bookings do you have for this and is such sufficent for the workshop to still go-ahead? If the number of replies here are a guide it will be a cosy affair which is fine by me but clearly not what you had in mind.

Thanks

K

KLENCHBLAIZE said:
How many bookings do you have for this and is such sufficent for the workshop to still go-ahead? If the number of replies here are a guide it will be a cosy affair which is fine by me but clearly not what you had in mind.

Thanks

K

Unfortunately, only six people have responded and this isn't a sufficient number for this workshop to be cost effective and as a result, go ahead :( I cannot hold the provisional booking of the venue any longer, so have now cancelled it.

I am really sorry to those of you who had expressed a wish to attend and thanks to Tony for his support.

Kevin

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
sorry I would have loved to come, I only just got back online as me PC has been Knackered and didnt know about it. Im suprised you wernt inundated with interrest. Ive been trying to find something similar to go to in my area but no luck.

S

Shaun1977

Its a damn shame it is cancelled. Thanks for trying Fenlander.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE