Fun wi' antler....the movie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ganstey

Settler
Excellent. I particularly like the little owl. Is the dog/wolf wearing glasses?;)

Any chance of a tutorial on antler work at some point? I'm hoping to pick up some red or roe antler at some point and would like to do something useful/artistic with it. I gather its much harder to work than wood.

G

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Excellent. I particularly like the little owl. Is the dog/wolf wearing glasses?;)

Any chance of a tutorial on antler work at some point? I'm hoping to pick up some red or roe antler at some point and would like to do something useful/artistic with it. I gather its much harder to work than wood.

G

No matey.....the 'little dog'/Wolf, is about the size o' a ten pence piece....so was a little difficult t' carve.....but lookin'....it does look like he is..lol. I made it fer Mad Dave.
As fer tutorial......It's def something that is planned, for firesteels at least.
Don't find it that hard t' work....better than wood imo, tho the smell when cuttin'....now that takes some gettin' used t'...lol..(hint-NEVER use a grinder....use a hacksaw with a bit o' candle wax rubbed on........nice an' easy t' cut.) Made that mistake once....an' only once.:eek:

''Eric_Methven Nice arra heads matey!''
Cheers eric.......want one?....give me the dimentions o' yer shaft (oo-err..lol) an' I'll knock some up fer ye. Hows yer quiver work comin' on?....can't wait fer the photies.:D

''Earthpeace great stuff, the owl is a true master piece, well done''
Bows.....thank 'e sah......was me first carvin...always loved owls.

Thanks fer the comments shipmates.....warms me heart it do.....:You_Rock_ :thanks:

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
'Timinwales'...'' can I stop watchin this space now skipper?''.....
Aye that ye can...lmao

The only new edition is the 'Badger plate' fitted t' me bushcraft knife..(in the slideshow it says 'BUSCRAFT'!!)....duh!!....shoulda looked at the movie b4 sendin' it t' print.....will change it when I can be bothered...lol

BTW.... Happy new yarrrr everyone......not been on here fer an age...(lost pswd!).
Laterz swabz.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
WOW what can I say, amazing work there, I really like the fishing kit.

Simon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE