Fujifilm FinePix S2750 12MP Digital Bridge Camera - any opinions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martin-123

Jul 1, 2011
Essex
Hi Minotaur,

I'm not sure how useful I can be here but fwiw, if your budget goes this far, I recommend this Olympus Pen. which I have.

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/21693_pen-camera_e-p1_21723.htm

It fits in your pocket, meaning you can have it with you all the time, which I do. Many people have great cameras that are so big they don't take them out with them! It has no viewfinder. Instead, it has a large LCD screen on the back, which means you don't have to bring the camera to your face to take pictures. The camera is on the end of your arm which gives you enormous flexibility on the camera angles you can get. It also has a very close minimum focusing distance so close-ups have fantastic detail.

I'll try to upload a couple of photos but I've tried this before on BCF without success.

Good luck.

Martin
There's no substitute for experience.

Lumber Jack

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2011
I'm from Yorkshire, lad.
I used to have a Fuji finepix s2500HD. At least I think that's what it was called. It was a very good camera actually. It had a lot of options and it let you play with exposure times and different ISO's. Macro, super macros ect.

It you are looking for a point and shoot camera with a few extras. I'd wholeheartedly recommend it.

LJ.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have the same camera and use it all the time, if you don't mind carrying it is great and the view finder works well for you especially when it is a bright sunny day.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Hi Minotaur,

I'm not sure how useful I can be here but fwiw, if your budget goes this far, I recommend this Olympus Pen. which I have.

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/21693_pen-camera_e-p1_21723.htm

It fits in your pocket, meaning you can have it with you all the time, which I do. Many people have great cameras that are so big they don't take them out with them! It has no viewfinder. Instead, it has a large LCD screen on the back, which means you don't have to bring the camera to your face to take pictures. The camera is on the end of your arm which gives you enormous flexibility on the camera angles you can get. It also has a very close minimum focusing distance so close-ups have fantastic detail.

I'll try to upload a couple of photos but I've tried this before on BCF without success.

Good luck.

Martin
There's no substitute for experience.

Getting a phone with a good camera on it, so saw this and thought nice step between a SLR, and that. Want to take more, better pictures, and not lug lots of kit to do it.

At the price of the Olympus I would be very tempted to go the whole hog, and go for a Canon DSLR.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I have had a variety of Fuji Finepix cameras my first digital camera being of that ilk. I have been very satisfied with all of them and as time has gone by they have improved beyond measure, my current model being an S2000HD, the quality of the video is outstanding.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE