Frosts green plastic mora - revamp ideas?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

yomperalex

Nomad
Jan 22, 2011
Reading
Hi all

I have a frosts knife - the green plastic one.

It's a great little knife, no complaints other than its plastic.

I am not even considering re-handling it, but does anyone have any ideas of how I can tart it up so it doesn't look so..... well, plastic.

As it is perfectly functional, I am not considering buying a new knife.

Help, please.

TIA

Alex

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
as you say alex, its perfectly functional as it is, its a well designed knife for very little money. but if you want to bling it up a bit, you could buy a leather sheath for it, but it would probably cost more than the knife! :D

yomperalex

Nomad
Jan 22, 2011
Reading
as you say alex, its perfectly functional as it is, its a well designed knife for very little money. but if you want to bling it up a bit, you could buy a leather sheath for it, but it would probably cost more than the knife! :D

I am considering this, but you hide the nice looking part of the knife (the blade), and still have that green plastic handle, it just sort of clashes with the nice leather.

Paracord wrap perhaps? still a bit artificial looking though

Part of me would be too nervous about the paracord slipping just as I am give the knife a big heave.

Damn, is there no way of making this knife look beautiful?

cheers for the ideas though.

Alex

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I would leave the Mora as it is and use it. I would not bother with a paracord as its naff and will move as said and cause hot spots. Keep it is a back up.

If you want a new knife and to have a go at making one try a kit like THIS or THIS depending on how much you want to do.

16ga

May 13, 2011
Canada
Perhaps paint a collie that you find less objectionable. Maybe even paint it brown add some balck or another shade of brown to male a grain and give it a wood look.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE