Free

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
Griffin Survivor iPhone 4 case FREE to a good home !

8b5a7587bcc8c153bfa68e839447d5db.jpg

First person to PM me can have it , I'll even cover the postage !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
That was a generous offer - good on you mate.
hope you enjoy it Birchwood - got one of these on my phone and it does a good job of protecting my phone. It's also quite grippy and stops the phone slipping out of my pocket which is useful - though can make it a bit of a fiddle to get out in a hurry, but still more of a pro than a con. As a tip, the only problem I've had with mine is if I bend or crouch with it in my trouser pocket, then the raised button on the case tend to get pressed against me causing the phone to enter voice activation mode or sometimes make random calls to contacts in my address book. If you are aware it can do this you'll be on guard and it won't be an issue - hope that helps 😄

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
It is indeed a very generous offer, I intend to make a donation to the lifeboats when I get out of plaster.
Thanks for the info, I will be mainly using it for kayaking and also riding .My friends are used to getting random
phone calls from my old blackberry doing it's own thing. But as you say, something to be aware of.

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
I'm sure you already know, but just in case, if you are using it kayaking, the case isn't waterproof. Great if you are out and about in the rain as it does cover the ports and protect from splashes but if it ends up sitting in water it isn't going to keep ithe phone safe. The grippy case though does give you a better grip in the wet so you're less likely to drop it over the side of your kayak.

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
Yes thanks, I have a waterproof pod on the kayak but will value the extra bash proof protection of the case.
Usually when riding the phone is in the inside pocket of my jacket and the grippy case will be great when juggling with a bouncy
racehorse, reins, whip and gloves.

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
Quick tip, cut the back of the "raised" button off with a knife (leaving it flush with the rest of the case), it will still do the job when pressed with your finger but will eliminate those "trouser calls", onto my second griffin survivor case now (decided on a change of colour) and have had no problems since doing that mod to it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE