Free kit if you want it

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Gooday fellow bushwhackers

Ive been a stay at home for too many years now due to ill health and it now looks to be a permanent situation.
I have a suitcase full of bits and pieces of equipment or possibly useful items that a newbie might make use of, nothing remarkable, just bit and pieces that might be useful to any bushcrafter. If anybody in driving distance of Stanmore, Middlesex is interested please let me know. If you are interested and decide to take this stuff, please bring a suitable container/Box as I would liike to keep my suitcase.I think these items may be useful to anybody just starting out in bushcraft.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am sorry to hear of you situation and I hope that someone can benifit from your generous offer.
I hope that your situation improves!

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i'm really sorry to here that, i two hope the situation gets better mate, keep your chin up, i hope that whoe ever gets these things, that they do them justice.
take care my friend
lee.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You have our best regards that your health does improve, and our appreciation for your kind offer.
Is your health such that you can't get out at all, even with patient company ?
I know how stiff and sore I can be, yet the friends I have, and camp with, make it easy for me and a lot of fun :)

atb,
Toddy

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Rob, I'm sorry to hear your health has stopped you from getting out. Your offer of kit is very generous and a lot of new folks would appreciate it.

If there's issues with getting the kit passed on to someone I'd be happy to help out as I work in Harrow so it wouldn't be any trouble to pick it up and pass on to another person.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Thanks for the kind offer Rob - very generous of you!

May I echo my friends comments of goodwill but also add that even if you are no longer able to get out you are still most welcome to join in here (I'm sure there are many armchair bushcrafters here already, they just keep it quiet ;) )

This is a great site for info about what to do / how to do it but also is great to fill the void when you cant get out!

Gooday again people and thanks for all your good wishes. It gives me a real kick to know that there are folks out there who enjoy the outdoors as much as I have since I was a kid.I intend to keep my essentials on the offchance that I will regain my health, but I would be very happy for the rest to go to anybody who thinks he (or she) can make use of it. Make the most of it people, life is not a rehearsal, so forget about tomorrow,whatever you intend to do, do it today.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nice one Rob, I hope things improve for you mate; sad to say things are a bit similar for me too but not so bad that I can't enjoy camps in better weather. Good luck for the future.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Rob, I'm sorry to hear your health has stopped you from getting out. Your offer of kit is very generous and a lot of new folks would appreciate it.

If there's issues with getting the kit passed on to someone I'd be happy to help out as I work in Harrow so it wouldn't be any trouble to pick it up and pass on to another person.

seconded, i work in chertsey so isnt that much bother to get stuff and post it on etc if people need a hand.

In fact mesquite and myself did a complicated long distance transfer of an old sewing machine not that long ago!

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Hi Rob,

I also wish you well mate. To be honest folks here would probably not take up such a kind offer as they are all too nice for their own good :)

I'd suggest listing the kit then asking for a minimum donation that you could give to a charity then you get rid of unused bits, someone here gets something useful to them and a charity makes a bit of coin - win, win, win. It's just a suggestion though.

Best wishes mate.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
maybe if you cant get out very much you could swap your gear for some good books or dvd's,
just an idea hope things look up soon mate.......

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Hope things look up and have some virtual rep on me for your kind and generous offer :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE