Free Haggis

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Heads up for free haggis

In todays Glasgow herald there is a voucher for a free tin of Grants Haggis.
The voucher can be found on page 18 and is redeamable at Peckhams until 31 January.
So go on and celebrate Robert Burns birthday on the 25th.
Once you have consumed the haggis you can always use the tin as a billy.

Sorry guys I think this offer is only available in Scotland.

Cheers

JFW

Hogan

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2004
Scotland
JFW said:
Heads up for free haggis
In todays Glasgow herald there is a voucher for a free tin of Grants Haggis.

"Tinned" haggis? - I prefer to catch my own. The best technique (for the benefit of all you non-scots) is the reverse-chase method.

Haggis (or plural haggi) have one leg shorter than the other to make it easier to run round the tops of mountains, so by chasing them round the mountain top the 'wrong' way, they fall over and are easily caught in a special haggis net. (Like a butterfly net, but bigger).

:wink:

jakunen

Native
I prefer the other method.

Adult haggis are drawn to a good single malt. You secrete a small 'tapetain' in a heather bush beside trail and when the haggis goes to investigate it the snare traps it ready to dispatch it.

The malt mustn't be too smokey though. They don't like that...and won't touch Bells or Grouse (mind you, no self respecting Scot would!!!)

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Yes the reverse chase method is good but I prefer to just sneak up on a haggis and give it a fright, it runs off round the hill and then I just make a brew and wait for it to come from the other direction and bag it. Simple but effective.

Cheers

JFW

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
heh, when i was in Antigua for my little brother's wedding, we went on a 4x4 safari tour.
The guide was asking us about haggis... "is it true it's a bird with one leg shorter than the other that they chase on the mountains and have to kill it on one day with a special haggis sword"
first time i'd heard of that wind up... very funny... did i set him straight though?? hmmm ;)

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
another good trapping method is before deepfrying mars bars,add some wood alcohol to the batter mix,deep fry the mars bar ,and dice it into small pieces,then scatter it about a known haggis habitat.the haggis pass out and are easy to dispatch.NB too little wood alcohol and the haggis remains conscious,too much and it will utter the imortal line 'whit you looking at pal '.run.quickly.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
You mean the one leg shorter than the other thing ISN'T TRUE!!! :cry:

I'm sueing my parents...next thing you'll be telling me that the jabberwocky doesn't exist.
:shock:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Kim said:

I'm sueing my parents...next thing you'll be telling me that the jabberwocky doesn't exist.
:shock:

Ah, now there's a memory!

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe"

etc, etc. :)

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Kim said:
next thing you'll be telling me that the jabberwocky doesn't exist. :shock:

sorry kim but he doesnt... anymore

"One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back."

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE