Free Haggis

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
Big-Target,

It sounds to me like the Scottish version of scrapple. You being from Cherry Hill should be well versed in scrapple. Philadelphia is the only place in the world that holds a scrapplefest.

Scrapple is made from the... scraps, to put it nicely. Basically when they butcher a hog they sweep up whatever falls off and press it into blocks. It is one of those things you just don't ask about and don't care for unless you grew up not knowing what it was. Mac

Pict said:
Big-Target,

It sounds to me like the Scottish version of scrapple. You being from Cherry Hill should be well versed in scrapple. Philadelphia is the only place in the world that holds a scrapplefest.

Scrapple is made from the... scraps, to put it nicely. Basically when they butcher a hog they sweep up whatever falls off and press it into blocks. It is one of those things you just don't ask about and don't care for unless you grew up not knowing what it was. Mac

Then all I need is some scrambled eggs to go with it!!!! :You_Rock_ :biggthump

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've made haggis properly, and it's not scraps, it's good food. Yes, it's organ meats, but so are the vast majority of sausages (mechanically rcovered somethings). The only truly gross bit is boiling the lights to get the gunk out then it just smells savoury.
Now a singed sheeps heid...... :shock: Actually, I don't think that'd be allowed now, BSE, etc. My grandpa loved the brains and he lived to be 97!
Toddy

Dorian Gra

May 19, 2005
Isle of Islay
O well if you are that easily put off by haggis and it's contents i wont tell you how yuo make black pudding (which funnily enough isn't a pudding) :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE