FREE!! Bushcraft course (24/08/08)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Yup!

What: Course being run by Dave Watson (Woodland Survival Crafts).

Where: Being held at Marbury Country Park, Northwich, Cheshire

When: Sunday 24/08/08. Being held in 2 parts. 1000-1215 and 1245-1500.

Price: "There is no charge for it and no requirement to book."

Places: "The more the merrier as far as we are concerned."

Blurb: "Bushcraft and Survival Skills. A day long demonstration of bushcraft with Dave
Watson of Woodland Survival Crafts. Fun for all the family. From: 10.00am - 3.00pm Marbury Country Park. Activities include shelter building, friction fire lighting, string making and more (as yet unknown) besides depending on attendance, weather etc."

:D

Chris
(Details courtesy of FoAM, Cheshire County Council web page & pdf document).

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Yup 'Bum' was going through my head too. Thanks for the heads-up Chris but according to my route finder thingy it's >150miles or 2 hr 50 min to get there.

Hope it's a good day for anyone who goes though.
Cheers,
Steve

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Sounds like a great day out. I'll be taking the family camping in the peak though.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Should have also said I hope you get a good turn out for this one.

It`s good to see someone making the effort and it should be rewarded.

Rich

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sounds like it will be a good day, just a petty its to far for a day trip, oh and yes I'll be working aswell!!:rolleyes:

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
I went down this morning but couldn't stasy the whole day . Got some shelter making and pot hanger making in and then unfortunatly had to go. Thanks to Chris for posting this or i would never have known about it and also thanks to Dave for running it and the FoAM people :p

a thouroughly good morning

Ben

Bumpy

Forager
Apr 18, 2008
West Yorkshire
I also managed to get down with my son and 2 nephews, who are up staying with us. We did the morning session and they loved it so much we stayed for the afternoon too! Favorites were the shelter making and the string making, (which they have been very proudly showing to anyone who'll listen!)
Again thanks to Chris G for posting - because I'd never have known either, and the boys would have probably spent the day on the Play Station (arguing!). Thanks also to the FoAM people for organising it, and a big thanks to Dave for showing us some of his skills, and his patience and words of encouragement.
A Great Day Out!
Cheers!

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Folks, glad you enjoyed it as much as I did! We went to the afternoon session but the kids got bored after making the shelter so we had to shoot off during the cordage session.

So who were you then? I was the one who made the "I'm really impressed with this shelter" and "It's the best" :eek: :eek: :notworthy :ban: one sided shelter.

Funny - before the session started I asked Dave about the Egyptian bow drill and he admitted to never having tried it! Anyway..

Erm - to whomever it was that told Dave that "it's on BCUK", I apologiesed to Dave in person.

Big thanks to Dave and the foks from FOAM, etc.

Chris

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
^was it you who was going to delamere after ?

I was the one in the green army shirt with no waterproof or coat looking totally unprepared as I'm off on an expedition tomorrow and all my kit was packed. and the first to leave (unfortunatly)

wasn't me who said anything about BCUK. I was not adnitting knowing anything remotely bushcrafty and probably learnt more for it.

Ben

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE