Fox skull

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Great project!

I think I would start by finding a mounted fox skeleton at a natural history museum or something and taking loads of photos. It looks like an Airfix kit without the instructions :)

Reactions: MrEd

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Very nice looking specimen.

I did this with a bat I found once. I covered the cadaver with a few smaller rocks and one big one, tucked behind a hydrangea in the garden, out of the way of, well, everyone. I went back a year later, and the rocks were undisturbed, but there was no skeleton. Weird bats are.

it probably wasn’t dead or resurrected or something :/

But seriously, I have tried the same thing with mice and birds the cat catches and if you leave them to long the bones breakdown to. In a bucket of water for small things works well and you know all the ‘parts’ will be in there somewhere!

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Great project!

I think I would start by finding a mounted fox skeleton at a natural history museum or something and taking loads of photos. It looks like an Airfix kit without the instructions :)

surprisngly amount of photos on google! I am going to order white putty/white tack to make cartilage I think, and hot melt glue gun for discs in the spine etc, and some brass wire and tiny drill bits.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yeah, I got loads of reference images by Googling it.

Someone recommended me using the clear picture frame backers as spine cartilage.

Reactions: MrEd

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE