Forum clock issue !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Wish it was as easy to fix ongoing problem regarding double clicking on back button return to previous page,it is now totally doing my head in.

Can't you use your browsing history? Little triangle thingy somewhere near the navigation buttons or something like that, depending on which browser you're using.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Can't you use your browsing history? Little triangle thingy somewhere near the navigation buttons or something like that, depending on which browser you're using.

Thanks Ged, have tried that but it doesnt seem to make any difference,this has been going on for a while now,have tried changing browser with no joy.

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
Just trying to follow a lead, not sure how to fix it yet.....does the url in the address bar change slightly when you hit back the first time, removing a # followed by a number?

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Just trying to follow a lead, not sure how to fix it yet.....does the url in the address bar change slightly when you hit back the first time, removing a # followed by a number?

Not sure I follow you. The back button normally takes you to the previous URI that you were viewing, whatever that was. There may be no relationship to the current URI at all. The button doesn't specifically do anything to what's in the location bar except delete it and replace it with something else that happens to be the previous entry in the browser's history list.

Browsers may sometimes change the way the URI is represented in the address bar because of things like non-alphanumeric characters or characters that have special meanings. You will commonly see a percent sign followed by a number for example. Before you ask (I know, you weren't going to :)) the number may not necessarily be in the decimal representation so it might look like it has letters in it, but it's really just a number. If the representation does change when you press the back button, it might not be intentional on the part of the browser's authors. People who produce malicious Websites often use this kind of thing to try to trick people, by obscuring what might otherwise be a dead giveaway in the location (sorry, address) bar that it isn't really your bank's Website that just asked you for your password.

Or have I misunderstood the question?

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
Or have I misunderstood the question?

Yes, you're not the one with the problem. ;)

In my search for a solution I've found that sometimes when there's a hashtag for a page anchor, pressing back once reloads the page without the hashtag, the second press of back takes you to the previous page as expected. I don't have the problem so I can't see what's happening to the url, hence the question.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Is there another thread for me to read about this?

There are a few threads regarding this problem that has been going on since about mid April, it has apparently been reported to admin who were looking into it.
If you type 'double click' into search you will get more info.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE