Forum background colours again any change due ??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Has there been any talk on changing the forum colours ? Again i feel they are far too bright and sore on the eyes .This discussion went on a while back and there was talk of changing it ,the option to change you colours yourself were taken away sadly and now any time i spend on BCUK is an uncomfortable one ,I Have just been on BCUSA and they have just changed theirs to more Bushy colours and eye friendly what a difference .Have a peek for yourself.
http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/forum.php

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Interesting. I've never seen BCUK look anything other than as it does now, so I find the new BCUSA colours dark and hard to read.

No doubt I'd change my colours anyway though if I had the option. :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
There used to be a bunch of settings that were much more eye friendly.

I must confess I hate the current colour scheme as it makes me want to reach for my snow goggles on the properly calibrated screens I have here.

I used to have the page on screen all the time but now I have another page as my background which means I don't post as often as I used to.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Black text on a white background (as on a books page) is the easiest to read - there was a study done on it somewhere. But white text on a black background is less dazzling when used on a computer monitor.

A good compromise is keeping the text black but changing the background to light grey.

I have a fairly cheap monitor that isn't that bright anyway so I don't find the colour scheme to be a problem. Maybe try turning down your monitor brightness?

Last edited:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
There used to be a bunch of settings that were much more eye friendly.

I must confess I hate the current colour scheme as it makes me want to reach for my snow goggles on the properly calibrated screens I have here.

I used to have the page on screen all the time but now I have another page as my background which means I don't post as often as I used to.

Black text on a white background (as on a books page) is the easiest to read - there was a study done on it somewhere. But white text on a black background is less dazzling when used on a computer monitor.

A good compromise is keeping the text black but changing the background to light grey.

I have a fairly cheap monitor that isn't that bright anyway so I don't find the colour scheme to be a problem. Maybe try turning down your monitor brightness?

The problem with that idea is that when I edit a picture I need to know that the result I see is the same as the result a picture editor half a world away will see too.

If I turn my monitor brightness down the images I make at those settings will then appear too bright on a properly colour managed monitor.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I've been reading books with black text on white pages since I was a nipper so pretty much any forum that gives me the choice gets altered to black text on a white page, I can't be trashed with fancy forum page colours.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE