Forget the GB axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Do they look like sore hands in the making ? or do they look like sore hands in the making ? :rolleyes:

Sometimes you have to wonder....Why ? and who conceived a thing like that ??

M

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Do they look like sore hands in the making ? or do they look like sore hands in the making ? :rolleyes:

Sometimes you have to wonder....Why ? and who conceived a thing like that ??

M

Someone must buy this stuff ,,who ? I have no idea :stretcher:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
It is the sort of thing that people with no clue about bushcraft or tools would buy someone like us. They think we like this sort of thing.

Expect one in your stocking this Christmas!

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I unfortunately have gotten something similar to the hammer & plier thing in a few Christmas's ago.

I distinctly remember someone saying "Oh he like multitool things" as I unwrapped it. :rolleyes:

Such a complete piece of crap.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oddy enough dad has one of those. (a present from a well meaning relative)

He likes it and makes good use of it.

Unistat76

Dec 1, 2014
United States
I think I could get behind this one:

fence_tool.jpg

Here is a modern version:

crescent-1936-heavy-duty-fence-tool-265mm-10-1-2in.jpg

Fence Pliers. Very common and useful as you're making your rounds on the farm, so I'm told.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've got a pair you can borrow if you need them Rob (and the rest of the fencing stuff). They are okay when fencing - but, honestly, wouldn't be in my top ten tools.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thank you Hugh. I don't do much wire fencing, mostly its replacing panels & repairing post. But the house I'm hoping to buy does need fencing along a stream bank, & I'm thinking of putting wire mesh fencing & planting a hedge on my side to grow into it. Not sure what hedge to plant, I actualy like leylandi, but see so much of it with work & I'm looking for something else that's fast growing.

Rob

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats what we did (with the wire fencing and hedging). We grew a lot of mixed English hedging. After 3 years it was well above head height from a 30cm start. Shout if you need the wire fencing tools (I have wire strainers etc.)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE