Forged Kettle/Billy hangers!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
git mine yesterday and I must say it is just great. I used it to roast a half leg of lamb on some string with some paper midway up the string to act as a wind powered turner. Worked a treat.

Thanks for the pot hanger.:)

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
I've seen a couple of these used out at meets and they are fantastic.

A real bargain at that price as well.

Any chance you could look into making a Dutch Oven Lid Lifter?

I know I'm being tight here but I can't justity spending £15 (including posting) for one from the usual suppliers

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I've seen a couple of these used out at meets and they are fantastic.

A real bargain at that price as well.

Any chance you could look into making a Dutch Oven Lid Lifter?

I know I'm being tight here but I can't justity spending £15 (including posting) for one from the usual suppliers

Nige does:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46212

He made me mine:

mysetup16.jpg

Oh,

and the Kettle/pot holder...

and the Cowboy rack.....

and the S-Hooks :lmao::lmao:

Last edited:

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Thanks for the good words Martin.(the cheques in the post:D)
Can you justify spending £12.50 on one Muddyboots?I can assure you it will be alot nicer:cool:

And Martin, hows that top bar on the pot hanger thing standing up to use?Any sagging in the middle when its under load(full kettle ect)?

Last edited:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I got my half height upright the other day, which is more pack friendly. Have not tried it yet and I will post some pics when it has been done.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Snip> And Martin, hows that top bar on the pot hanger thing standing up to use?Any sagging in the middle when its under load(full kettle ect)?

No problems at all Nige,

If I were to do it again; I would probably ask you to make it a foot longer to enable 3 pots to be in use at any one time, but I am being really picky and TBH I only have the Jerrycan to cook off anyway:)

Last edited:

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Hi,

Posted the message below on your profile page as your in box is full - many thanks

Hi,

Sorry lots of questions.

Can I be put on your list for one of these please Forged Kettle/Billy hangers? Would it be possible to make the stand a bit taller so it can accommodate my gypsy frying pan?

Many thanks

kawasemi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE