Food for Thought PODCAST - Andy McNab

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
I got the Michael Asher book about the 'Real Bravo Two Zero' for Xmas. Been reading it in bed. Interesting, especially the comparisons between the Ryan and McNab versions of the mission. I'm still fascinated by the endurance. One of the reasons I do monster rides up and down alpine cols on my road bike and canoe trips.

There was a good Discovery channel programme - maybe heroes of ww2 - episode about a LRDP group who had to walk out over a hundred miles.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Alas - unless I'm mistaken, this is not a podcast. It's an iPlayer programme which means you can't download it to your iPod as you would with a normal podcast (i.e., you can't download this via iTunes). Worse still, you only have two days left to listen to it so better get cracking!

Shame but I think it may be because it's been made by an independent production company.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I thought his comments about nutrition and how as a child/young man he and his peers didn't have a clue were spot on, young folk (and some older folk) really do not know how to adequately feed themselves.

Last edited:

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Sandbender,

It was also interesting that although he was told to eat three meals a day, get a shower etc when being trained as a young recruit, on reflection he realised they were actually caring, although at the time it did not feel like it. I remember seeing a WW1 documentary and some of the recruits had enjoyed three meals a day, for the first time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE