Folding chair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
Great are they pretty light and compact, suitable for hiking or just car camping

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
I have one for kayaking and camping. It's great. Mine was £16ish.
I cut some holes in tennis balls for soft ground. But got some walking stick rubber feet from Wilcos that stay on there all the time as the
feet it comes with are about as fat as the average pencil. The new ones go over the originals.
Time will tell how it lasts but for the money it has got to be a good buy. Better than 90 quid (Helinox) anyway.

chmusar

Apr 5, 2015
uk
I bought one from aliexpress for £22 and use it when I go wild camping ,I also use it when it's raining on its side within the tent to lean against while reading or eating . I have had it for over 6 months and have had no issue with build quality

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
I have a blue one of these.No problems whatsoever.I use some bigfeet things I found in camping international for the legs.Perfect for wandering on the motorbike ect.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Me and my lad went somewhere to camp last year, I forget where... but someone had one there. I'd ask him where it was, but he's in a mood because I won't take him camping next week.

Anyway, it seemed a great chair until the evening... much hilarity followed after a few beers as the occupant of said chair fell out of it... a lot! Whether it was the chair or the alcohol... will never know, but I bought some mini square-folding chairs after that... they're tiny (meant for kids really) but work well as light weight camping chairs for temporary sitting.

Matt (not sure of his forum name) from Chesterfield had the most luxurious camping chair I've ever seen on another trip out (to Matt's woods as it happened)... that thing looked comfortable enough to sleep in!

quidditys_shore

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Middlesbrough
I've had the exact same chair for 4 years now. Love it! Very lightweight though everyone looks worried when I sit on it as they think it'll collapse!
Only problem was at this year's Glastonbury where it would sink I to the mud but that's more of a place problem rather than the chair.

It's £20 here on ebay

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/121859604003

However have a look around aliexpress & banggood. I also bought a headrest in the same design for about £10

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
0.25g Lightweight breathable backrest lounge backrest Strong easy to carry comfortable for fishing camping hiking chairs
http://s.aliexpress.com/QVjY322i
(from AliExpress Android)

£10.56 delivered. I have to say thought that it's a bit scary lol your head goes further back than you think would be safe but it's still working for me

Thanks for the link Q_S. Does it fit quickly and easily on to the chair ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/121859604003 )

How useful do you find it and do you recommend it quidditys_shore ?

Ta for any input you may have.

rorymax21

quidditys_shore

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Middlesbrough
It's really easy to fit. It has 4 connectors (2either side) which just slide down either side of the uprights on the chair.

It's a bonus. I tend to use it mainly without but that's because I'm trying to save weight lol

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE