flying geese

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Theres something very powerful for me about geese, when I see and hear them its as if I instantly enter a timeless dimension.
About a week ago I was out in the garden weeding around the onions, early evening, when I hears that distinctive "honk honk honk" as a small group of geese passed over, unusually low. suddenly one of the 4 veered off at a 90 degree angle to the others, and started a different call. It just carried on alone in a straight line, very determined. When it was maybe 3 or 4 hundered yards away from the remaining group, they suddenly decided to follow the leader and also changed direction. Quite amazing, never seen that before.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
In past years, the sounds of geese overhead were thought of as the Great Hunt passing over. An ancient sound that provoked magic and fear into the hearts of our ancestors. Wonderful.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
That same sight and sound as early Britons would have experienced 10,000 years ago - I get the same feeling watching birds of prey soaring and listening to their mewing.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The only time to be fearful of geese is a 10 kg dead one, coming at you ballistically, at 75 kph, after you let the air out if it.

What did your Neolithic Britons do to capture geese? Any evidence?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE