Flintshire / Chester

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
Hi

Are there any of you guys and girls in the Flintshire / Chester area that fancy forming a loose collective for meetups / socials etc?

We have myself and 2 others whom I know about already, but it would be nice to have half a dozen or so...?

Cheers!
Dom.

Glydr

Feb 17, 2010
Wirral
Im a newbie to this forum, not overly skilled in bushcraft as yet but have the necassary gear, I'm Wirral based so that area is convenient for me and would certainly be agreeable to meetups.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I'm working on getting permission for some new ground here in Mid Wales, possibly to include overnight stays, but access to the ground is virtually in the bag.
It might be a bit too far for some of you, but I might be able to string something together over the next few months.

ATB

Ogri the trog

roelio

Mar 17, 2010
old colwyn
i'm up for a meet, i'm in old colwyn near colwyn bay. yet to do my first overnighter but have had plenty of day trips out and have a few courses under my belt

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
I'm working on getting permission for some new ground here in Mid Wales, possibly to include overnight stays, but access to the ground is virtually in the bag.
It might be a bit too far for some of you, but I might be able to string something together over the next few months.

ATB

Ogri the trog

any news on this Ogri?

Cheers :)

Dom.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Not yet Dom,
I ran two firelighting demonstrations at the venue last week, with a youth group up from South Wales - got reasonable feedback and plenty of encouraging noises from the staff there.
I have other events to attend over the next few weeks so I'm hoping to broach the subject in due course.

The site owners currently run Activity weeks for school children, their site offers 14 acres of riverside woodland and is already partly set up for just the types of things we'd like to do.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Last edited:

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
Ok in an attempt to put some momentum into this thread how about we arrange a meet for a day meet / walk

Then we don’t need to worry about waiting for permission etc

I know a reasonable piece of land owned by the forestry that you are allowed to access (no fires etc ect) and it is not just pine

It is not far from Ruthin

I am sure we all know of somewhere we can do a day meet so my idea does not have to be the one used

If anyone is interested to have a social meet one Saturday or Sunday so we can get to know each other and possibly arrange further meets get posting here

If we are all waiting for a camp opportunity it may not happen due to timings etc

To be honest I don’t check the forums as often as I should (I believe I am not the only one) this may be an opportunity to swap numbers and emails for more short notice activities

Cheers

M

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
sounds sensible - i agree a day meet would be a good start. I'm jam packed with scouting at the moment but hopefully can put a bit of time in before too long

Dom.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Same here,
Up to my neck in Cadet activities as well as family logistics.

I'm considerably further south than you guys, so go ahead with something between yourselves - if I'm free I'll try to get along but I don't want to hold you back.
I'll be at the Bushmoot in July/August if any ones gets along to that, make sure we get to meet up.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE