Fjallraven Greenland Wax

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I think I paid a quid or two less at Tamarack, but making your own is very easy and cheap.

Trail Snail

Tenderfoot
Mar 27, 2009
Wales
Hi

The above link doesn't work. Is anyone able to point me towards a guide for making this please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Paraffin wax from the Bay not old candles as they have stearin in them. 90% paraffin wax and 10% bees wax. Think I went to 15% beeswax 'cos I like it and had it!!!

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
What's the downside of Stearin in the mix then?
Stearin makes the wax harder. It keeps candles from bending at room temperature. You want your waterproofing wax to be soft so it is easier to rub on and so it stays flexible on the fabric.

Z

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Stearin makes the wax harder. It keeps candles from bending at room temperature. You want your waterproofing wax to be soft so it is easier to rub on and so it stays flexible on the fabric.

Z

Cool, I often wondered what it was there for.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I literally don’t know how to recover that thread :(

It’s a Bushcraftuk.co.uk post from the previous incarnation. If you hit Report on your post above, it sends it to the mod and admin lounge and bar so it’s highlighted.

Reactions: MrEd

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE