Fizan Altitude trekking poles – first impressions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Fizan Altitude trekking poles – first impressions

Photo courtesy of Fizan
Hi all,
just received this pair of trekking poles (aka telescopic poles, aka trekking sticks), though could be interested on my first impressions.

Specifics (by Fizan website - http://www.fizan.it/trekking.php?cat=1):
ALTITUDE Art. T03.40w
Aluminium alloy 7075
3 sections telescopic 64-140cm
FLEXY Locking system
Eva Grip with Neoprene Strap Foam
E-Basket with Carbide tip
Tip rubber protection
50mm + 85mm baskets

My details:
Height: 1.85 m
Wheight: 95 kg

The poles I have are Fizan Altitude, I have two of them. I spent on E-Bay 52.00 Euros for the pair, plus 6.50 euros shipping.

Description
My poles are made in Italy, three piece poles builded from Aluminium alloy 7075, with a contoured rubberized handle in Eva Grip and with an adjustable Neoprene Strap Foam, at one end tapering down to a sharp metal point at the other end (Carbide tip). The tip has a removable rubber protection. There are also two different type of baskets (50mm + 85mm), which you may fit on the tip in case of muddy or snowy terrain.
Each pole is telescopic, from 64 minimum to 140 cm max length. To hold the pole at the correct height you need to twist-off each section, move up or down as needed, then twist-on each section until lock them. Each pole weight 225 grams.
Let’s go showing pics…
Maximum and minum lenght

225 grams each pole

Two different basket + removable rubber

Basket 50 mm diameter (soft terrain)

Basket 85 mm diameter (snow)

Contoured handle and adjustable Neoprene Strap Foam

Adjusting Neoprene Strap, to reduce just pull down one side of strap, to enlarge you need instead to push up the lever

On my rucksack

Impressions: these poles seem to be well made, and are really, really light. I’m quite a big guy, so hope they are rough as claimed by Fizan. The twist mechanism of pole’s section is smooth, and feel solid. No rattle at all shacking poles, also at the maximum length. Handles are well contoured, really comfortable, as the adjustable straps. The leverage to adjust strap work well.
Of course these are just my first impressions, and need to be confirmed by camp test, as usual. I’ll update this review. Anyway, I’m happy about my poles at the moment.
Hope you enjoy. Ciao, Alfredo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE