Fishing related stuff (Some free!)

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
I have quite a few things for fishing, both commercially and recreationally, for swaps.

TAKEN-A handline on a cylindrical "reel" (donut shaped) with line and a spinner attached. Nice thing for the kids to use or for catching your tea. -value £10

TAKEN-A large piece of seine netting, semi rigged I think, has a headrope, don't really want to open it out, but I think about 12m by 2m ish? I think it has a few weights but would probably need more. It also has a couple of smallish holes from where a dog ate it, but these could be easily fixed. Could be used for fishing, or the netting could be used for something else, I'll give this away to anyone who pays P+P, offer something small if you want.

A drop net for crabs or lobsters - hand rigged and brand new, excellent piece of kit, £50 RRP. As seen here: http://www.worldseafishing.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1828&cat=3 Really tough and strong, not too heavy but you can put rocks in it to hold it to the bottom in really bad seas, good quality 1.3mm braided nylon and polyprop line.

A cast net - Hand rigged, 7ft ish diametre, 15mm mesh, bit of a talent to throw them well, very well made. RRP £60.

Gill nets - I can make them to all sizes, currently I have a couple of smaller ones more suited to bushcraft, 100ft long, surface rigged, for drift netting or to be fixed. Deadly for bass or other fish that are fairly big and fairly lucrative, the mesh of these ones would catch fish about 4-12lb. Good money in the bass too.
The 100ft nets would be about £60, these are new.

All values are for the equivalent values of items to swap, I'm particularly after a GB american felling axe, or a GB double bit axe with the longer handle if possible, although the shorter handle would be OK. Some leather for sheaths etc would be good. Open to cash offers too. Climbing gear also wanted, but I'm interested in pretty much everything, make me an offer, nothing is too low as I want to shift some of it.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
TAKEN-A large piece of seine netting, semi rigged I think, has a headrope, don't really want to open it out, but I think about 12m by 2m ish? I think it has a few weights but would probably need more. It also has a couple of smallish holes from where a dog ate it, but these could be easily fixed. Could be used for fishing, or the netting could be used for something else, I'll give this away to anyone who pays P+P, offer something small if you want.

Interested in this

Gill nets - I can make them to all sizes, currently I have a couple of smaller ones more suited to bushcraft, 100ft long, surface rigged, for drift netting or to be fixed. Deadly for bass or other fish that are fairly big and fairly lucrative, the mesh of these ones would catch fish about 4-12lb. Good money in the bass too.
The 100ft nets would be about £60, these are new.

and a small gill net.

We can talk money or I have a couple of things I could swap. I have a Ray Mears leather first aide pouch in almost new condition I do not think I will use

http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/431-Ray-Mears-Leather-First-Aid-Pouch

and I have a brass waterproof matchcase with compass in the lid (the ones Schwert got) His picture below

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
Oh and I also have a large amount of longlines in different sizes. New seine nets I can rig if anyone is interested.

MakiKelly, I've pmed you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE