Fishing on the Gower Peninsula

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
Just look for where all the other fishermen are. You'll soon spot them.
Some days the fish bite and some days they don't. Ask around when you get down there. Everyone seems happy to share what is happening.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Llangennith/Rhossili beach is one of the few locations that you can catch Golden Grey Mullet, also a good spot for Bass and it's where I caught my first ever fish (a 1.5 pound Flounder). Loughor Bridge is also a good pinch point to target Bass. Oxwich is a good spot to get cockles and at a low spring you can gather razor clams, if you can get out on the water here black bream can be found out at Oxwich point. Thinking about it, I've got a spare copy of "Fishing the Gower". PM me your address and I will send it to you

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Hi Bob
Thanks for the info, good timing as well, we were going to book the campsite tonight, and have narrowed it down to Pitton Cross Rhossili or Oxwich Camping Park. Do you know these 2 campsites ? I get the impression that Pitton Cross is a quieter one ? But may be wrong.

It is very kind of you to offer me the book, I will PM my address.

Thanks
Eifion

Llangennith/Rhossili beach is one of the few locations that you can catch Golden Grey Mullet, also a good spot for Bass and it's where I caught my first ever fish (a 1.5 pound Flounder). Loughor Bridge is also a good pinch point to target Bass. Oxwich is a good spot to get cockles and at a low spring you can gather razor clams, if you can get out on the water here black bream can be found out at Oxwich point. Thinking about it, I've got a spare copy of "Fishing the Gower". PM me your address and I will send it to you

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Hope you have a great time there,my neighbour came back from there last school hols and they were sunburnt yet we had rain and clouds all week in Monmouth,which isn't far away.im thinking of taking trip there some when ,when I'm not so busy.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Thanks Moocher!
I am really looking forward to it, I have been to Pembrokeshire more times than I care to remember, rock climbing in the south and just general camping & walking in the north, and also walked the entire coast path when I was 14 with my parents (long time ago now) but never been to the Gower.

Hope you have a great time there,my neighbour came back from there last school hols and they were sunburnt yet we had rain and clouds all week in Monmouth,which isn't far away.im thinking of taking trip there some when ,when I'm not so busy.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
I've not visited Pitton Cross, but it does look quieter than Oxwich. Both are great locations, the Pitton Cross area will be more exposed and has less woodland nearby, Oxwich being very sheltered. I've been to Oxwich campsite several times as it is my favourite beach, especially now the jet skiers are not allowed to launch until 4pm (kite surfers can still be a pain at high tide though), the site itself can get pretty crowded at bank holidays, but the quite night policy is strictly enforced.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE