Fishing knife/saw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
When I was a lad, I had a fishing knife that was my pride and joy, it was given to me by my Dad for going fishing.
It had two blades, one was a proper knife blade, carbon, I think, as it was forever tarnishing in the off-season. The other was a proper (working) saw blade, it was great for cutting branches out of the way or rescuing floats from trees.
Can you still get the same style. I don’t want one with a bottle opener or a gutting hook, to weaking the blade, or any other fancy accessories for that matter. (I’ve enough SAK thanks) just a plain and simple two blade knife that does not cost the earth, a knife and saw that I can really use.
Any ideas where I might find one that doesn't cost the earth, but still qood quaility

Joe

Need to contact Admin...
Hi Tadpole,

Sounds a bit like the Mauser penknife I had when I first started out. You used to be able to get them from Survival Aids (now Penrith Survival Equipment) and they were pretty inexpensive. Two main blades, knife and a suprisingly good saw for such a small knife. It had a green plastic grippy scales and mine went everywhere with me. Good little knife - but I don't think the blades locked open.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Check out Attlebourough Accessories. They have something like you described with stainless steel blades (better for fishing maybe ). I think it even locks. Its in their sale section. £4.50.

No connection to seller etc etc

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I know this is going to sound odd, given that I love my cheap as chips opinel, the two Mora's I have and my clipper. I don't want anything too cheap. I'm looking for a folding knife with a working saw, a serrated edge is ok for cutting string or pork, but I want the saw to neatly cut branches. the one at Attlebourough, looks cheap, and maybe it is, until you add on the postage. I'll keep looking I guess. thank you anyway:You_Rock_

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
gerber I think do an exchange a blade system, and sog do a fixed blade which swivels in the handle for either a saw or blade.

simplest one is the swiss farmer which also has a very efficiant hole maker :)

H

High on Hex

Hi Tadpole i've been looking for exactly the same thing with no success. After hours scouring the net this is the closest thing i could find. (Hope i've posted the link right i'm not too clever with computers)
It should arrive soon if you want to know what it's like.

[http://www.knifebargains.co.uk/acatalog/Ontario_Camo_3_Blade_Folder___ON8851__.html[/URL]

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Just spat coffee on the keyboard!

You must have had pork at my inlaws!
Just lets say when the father-in-law cuts the Sunday joint up his stanly knife has to be fitted with titan blades, or the meat is cold becasue of the time he has spent changing the blade. :D

JURA

Forager
Feb 15, 2007
devon
Victorinox german army knife. Similar to mauser but lacks the clip point blade. But has saw blade. For sale in numerous army surplus stores etc for between £5 and 10. Our local one has them sometimes with slight damage for £2.50 ! Serious value for money here.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Victorinox german army knife. Similar to mauser but lacks the clip point blade. But has saw blade. For sale in numerous army surplus stores etc for between £5 and 10. Our local one has them sometimes with slight damage for £2.50 ! Serious value for money here.
The only place I can see them (online) want £20 not including postage, I'm not about to start paying that sort of money for a battered/used knife.
but chasing my knife seems not to be in vain. Following the search for the German army knife, I stumbled on two that might be as good, and available new. either the Swiss army Rucksack or the Swiss army Forester. Ok they both have too many blades, and the Rucksack is locking so would not be a EDC. Anyone used either of them, any views? should I keep searching, is there any point, will I ever find that good two bladed saw/knife combination?

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
SOG revolver looks pretty interesting...

SOGrevolver.jpg

a little tactical, but I like the combination of knife / saw and the fact that it's effectively a full tang fixed blade with a revolving handle / sheath

What do you guys think?

Dom.

GreyOne

Apr 12, 2009
N Texas
I have had and used this Carl Schlieper two blade knife for years.
Had another with the plain yellow plastic scales for years, broke the tip on it , and got this one. Non locking, fine real saw:

P1000727.jpg

P1000728.jpg

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
Yes, thank you for remembering me........:D

I have no good excuses for not coming on this great forum except I've been trying to do too many things at once for several years. :eek:

GreyOne, now that is some great looking stag handles on a knife.

You would probably have a hard time finding another one like that.

Robbie Roberson.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE