First Winter Snow 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Hey everybody,

Last night we got our first snow here in Newcastle so this morning I decided to go for a walk and take some pictures.

Just around the corner from me is the Ouseburn Valley which has a couple of small parks and wooded walkways. So thats where I headed. Not exactly into the wilds, but its the closest I get to woodland without taking a bus. A block of flats in the background gives you an idea.

It seems that most of the trees were some sort of maple. I mean about 80% maple.There were a couple of horse chestnuts, what seemed to be a helll of a lot of elder, some whitebeams and thats all I could make out really.

I walked til I came across the "Shoe Tree" and then ran out of space on the memory card. On the way back I came across some fungi. I think one of them is Jews Ear but could be wrong. Have no idea what the other is. Anyway I deleted some old photos to make room for these to see if anybody knew.

Here are the pics:

Cheers

Mark

Well that didn't work. Here's a link to the album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=304573&id=556795090&l=42d2466ef3

Last edited:

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
nice pics Mark, hows the spoon coming along????????

chris.....................

Hey Chris,

The spoon is on hold at the moment. I have the main shape smothed but I'm waiting to get a crook knife for the....bowl?...of the spoon. Will post photos of it when its done.

I started carving a face as well with just my knife. I really should have done something more simple given the size of the piece of wood. I'll post that too if I ever finish it.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE