Trip Report First weekend out of 2019

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well - my first camp of the New Year!
Stuart and I got out into my local woods - I got there fri morning, Stuart arrived about 8.30pm - and we had a productive weekend...
I was working out how long my new hammock poles needed to be and over the weekend also made a quick and dirty spoon and spatula, cooked up some charcloth,P1110006.JPG P1110009.JPG P1120010.JPG P1120012.JPG P1120014.JPG P1120015.JPG P1120021.JPG P1120023.JPG cut tons of firewood, built a new chair (after the old one collapsed under Stuart... I had been sitting on it just fine until then...)and a new tripod to hang my pack on and knapped a few flints off a chunk Stuart brought me.
Cooking eating and boozing saw off the rest of the weekend and a good time was had with warm dry weather making life cushy :)

mole trapper

Feb 2, 2007
cornwall
What a great write up and pictures.
I've been trying to get hold of some decent flint, picked up some at studland last weekend, but I don't think it's the right stuff/type?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Any flint is good flint if you can break it to give sharp edges :)
This lot I just belted out with the back of a hatchet - and it came from a suburban Surrey fishpond....
knapping.jpg
All my clothing visible - bar the hat, glove and boots - is made by me and is a mix of Ventile and blankets, the tarp is made from pillow case fabric (cotton Cambric), the hammock from a MOD stretcher/basha and the billie can from a biscuit barrel ....
I like making stuff. This picture was taken by Red Kite (Stuart)
And yes - I did remove all the flint debris to avoid accidents and also to avoid confusing future archimilomigeeks :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE