First walking staff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all,

Following my previous couple of threads id like to show my first walking staff. I bought the shank and other bits from stickman as i was too impatiant to wait on my wood seasoning (going to make more when this happens). Not anywhere near as good as any i'v seen on here but given that what i know about tools and methods etc you could write on a stamp :p i am pretty happy with it. I have however aquired a new mantra that is "Theres no problem that can't be solved with araldite!!!" :D

sm6.jpg

Its a 54" hazel shank with an alpine spike, brass beaded collar and red deer stag antler. Its about 6' in total.

sm4.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Phil

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Looks good :) Only thing I'd say is, is the top of the antler a cut edge? cause it really needs sealing if you want to use it in all weathers. I think Keith (stickman) usually glues a piece of bone or horn (cow or buffalo) onto the top and files to shape, so the top looks good still and keeps the wet out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE