First strawberry!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I've just picked (and eaten, obviously!) the first ripe strawberry of the year from my allotment. It was nice. :) :D

Anybody else got 'em already? And I mean outdoors - polytunnels don't count! (Yes, I'm looking at you, Rob. ;))

featherstick

Forager
May 21, 2008
South East
we have about 3 kg of this year's strawberries in the freezer already. We've had a glut - even little Leo is sick of them now.

(To freeze strawberries, freeze them in a single layer on a tray or lid, then once frozen transfer into a bag. That way you don't have a single coagulated strawberry lump.)

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I've been getting a few ripe ones for the past week or so, grown organically and outdoors. Unfortunately all the birds and insects are partial to them too.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Yup, we've had quite a few strawberries already (in south east as well!). The only slight bugbear is that they rippen in twos or threes - not enough for a serving! So they get eaten as they ripen rather than as a pudding. Damned nice though.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
We have had strawberries for the last 3 weeks in our garden. Very nice, we keep a net over them tho to stop the birds.

They are great... nothing better than home grown food

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE