First Responders?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just wondering what it entails really ( warts and all ) , the reality of it , can it lead anywhere else etc??

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I enjoy it. Some places have a rota system if there are enough people. Where I am I just book on when I can as there aren't enough responders to do a rota.
Generally most of the patients I see are breathing problems/ chest pain or falls. Most are genuine and in need
When I first started some of the ambulance crews were anti CFRs but that's not the case now. Most crews encourage and even help to train and give extra to help to CFRs - showing how to put a line in, explaining this particular case, completing forms etc.
Some of the CFRs I know have gone on to become ECA or technicians (ambulance crews but not as qualified as paramedics) none have done the full Para qualification as far as I know.
I would do more if I had the time
Does that help?

bowji john

Silver Trader
If you go onto yor local ambulance service website there is often a link to apply as ambulances services recruit from time to time

Training is basic but free, you will be expected to act as a 'third man' on 3 occasions on an ambulance and write a feedback on your experiences.

There after there is usually a rota system and you will be expected/encouraged to be on duty for a number of days per month (area dependent)

In my area, at th beginning of shift you will pick up the medical bag from the responder going off duty.

The role is very real - as you often get there before an ambulance crew - responders are also used partly to meet the 12 min ambulance response times

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I have the utmost respect for their skills.
Some locals in SAR & FR crews never recover from the accidents and avalanches that they attend.
There's a woman across the street from me with a broken spirit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE