First Leatherwork projects! Sheath/Belt/Pouch/Gloves.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
So I been Working with Leather now... Its addictive.

First thing ever is a simple redye of two pair's(Mine on left, SWMBO's on left, two sizes that they sell) of Wilkinsons gardening gloves. Were whitish leather, but soft, comfortable and pretty tough (cheap too at £5.98). Not very bushcraft like, but now they are ideal.
glovesoiv.jpg

By rlewis8923 at 2012-07-24

Next is my Fire kit pouch. This is made from an old pair of leather trousers. Made by Bikers Gearbox so thick leather, not your thin 'fashion' rubbish. Glued and stitched a circle of leather to base, toggle is an Apricot pip (Thanks Dreadhead for the inspiration!). It is rather large for a firekit pouch but I expected a wet Moot so taking plenty of stuff!

By
rlewis8923 at 2012-07-24

Next is My first attempt at real Leatherwork. A sheath for my wifes Budd knife (handled by me and shown in a previous thread). Its 3.5mm veg tan with full welt plus additional welt where handle fits to get a bit more room there! Made a couple of mistakes (there is a scar where I clipped it with drill) but SWMBO loves it, she likes the worn in look of it! Knife clicks in very satisfyingly. Added a hole at bottom so it can be worn Ray mears style.

By
rlewis8923 at 2012-07-24

And last but not least. SWMBO then informed me after making sheath that she did not have a belt to hold it on.... So, one belt to match. Belt Blank and buckle from Leprovo. Thinned leather at back so fold blends in and trimmed with same design as top of sheath. Dyed to match as can be seen in the combo picture. Well pleased with how it turned out, its really solid, helped alot by the excellent buckle..
beltyw.jpg

beltcombo.jpg

Really enjoyed these projects. Still working on the sheath for my Budd knife, will post up soon..

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
That looks like a prime set, really would love to make myself something similar.
And love the Pattern wheel Thanks for linking that.
Yours sincerely Ruud

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Cheers guys

Posted up anew thread with my second sheath now.... Damn, this leatherworking is fun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE