First knife

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Thanks guys I think the pics do let it down a little, the handle may not be to everyones taste but its comfy for me, bad news on the wooden sheath front I'm afraid just gone and broken one of the scales, oh well I'll get some pics of the leather one up for now and Ill be keeping an eye out for some more Lime burr in the future.

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Very nice knife much better than my first effort.
if you need a tutorial for the scandi sheath go to www.brisa.fi but be warned as dougster says it can be very addictive :)
I only wanted to make one and I'm slowly becomming a part time maker::)

Ian

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Very nice knife much better than my first effort.
if you need a tutorial for the scandi sheath go to www.brisa.fi but be warned as dougster says it can be very addictive :)
I only wanted to make one and I'm slowly becomming a part time maker::)

Ian

Thanks Ian, went onto Brisa's site last night, seen some lovely materials and blades on there, can't wait till pay day, I can see this is going to become addictive.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Thanks guys, the knee seems to be good at the mo thanks wayland, back in work now, intending on taking it easy if I can.

davep90

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2006
wigan
Ok, this is my first attempt at a knife so go easy on me, the blade is a 3.7inch lauri, carbon steel with a nickel silver bolster, leather spacer and a Lime burr handle, I didn't really have an idea for the shape of the handle I just tried to shape it so that it is a comfortable fit in my hand, I am quite pleased with how it turned out in the end. I will be using this knife for work, cutting ropes and perhaps a bit of carving, I finnished the handle with Linseed oil and it really brought out the markings of the wood a treat. I actually enjoyed this project and am looking forward to starting another very soon.
Heres a few pics hope you guys like it.

firstknife4.jpg

firstknife5.jpg

I look forward to your comments.

That looks really good.
I like lauri blades very cheap and excellent quality....
The bolsters are a pain to fit due to the partially ground tang but with bit of patience and plenty needle filework you can get a good square fit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE