First knife and sheath

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well here it is. Thanks for all the help and advice, I really appreciate your time and efforts.
Thanks Mike Hill for the cocobola (free!)and Dougster for the silly cheap leather and stuff as well as Rancid Badger for the free burnishing tool which works a treat.
I'm not fishing for compliments in fact constructive criticism would be probably more useful.
Just thought it might give someone the imputus to have a go themselves as I am pretty much rubbish at this type of thing.
I followed Tividar's article on BB which is pretty spot on apart from I would allow sightly more than an inch round the knife when cutting the leather as 1" is pretty tight with 3.5mm leather.
Also Rapidboys article on here for the knife.
Dave

rancid badger

That's really good, in fact it's excellent.
Well done.;)

Very best wishes
R.B.
P.S. it only remains, for you to get across the rice paper on the floor without leaving a trace:D ( kung fu etc?)

Now.......where's that neutrogena gone.......:slap:

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Nice job there, looks really good I really like the handle shape and I think the sheath looks great.

Simon.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
All very kind...schucks:eek:
RB David Carridine he was my boy hood hero....if only I could fit into my kung fu pyjamas I had as a kid!
Still Waters sorry I cannot confess to forging the blade (although I have an old wok in the shed which is destined to become a forge this summer:) ) I bought the knife blank and then shaped scales as in Rapid Boys thread on here. The sheath was from scratch.
Falcon wish I could catch up with you this weekend but alas work + family meal =:banghead:
Hope to get out for a walk/ play soon. Hope you manage to see Jason spoke to him tonight.
dave

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Bingobadgo, have go mate I know mine aint pretty but its functional!
Although if you buy all the gear you 'need' you could get someone to make it for you!
Not as much satisfaction though.
Good luck....will keep an eye out for pics of your first sheath!
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE