First canoes now Bushcraft!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

David B

May 12, 2006
Tadcaster North Yorks
Hi all
Just joined have been watching the site for a while now. I have been a member of " Song of the paddle" for some time and there are lots of referalls to here.
Bushcraft and Canoes just seem to go together, but I am yet to be convinced about Hammocks

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
David B said:
Bushcraft and Canoes just seem to go together, but I am yet to be convinced about Hammocks

Hang around here some more and they'll convince you :D

Welcome to Bushcraft UK, it's good to have you. I've made the odd post over on Johns' site but not a lot, it's a great site and I have to agree that bushcraft and Canoeing fit just right.

Enjoy the site and if you've got any questions just ask away.

:D

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Ahoy there.
canadiancanoe.gif

A seafarer that doesn't like hammocks, now there's an odd thing.
You'll come around ;).

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
hi m8 and welcome :- hammock=floppy canoe with strings great stuff
just took delivery of my ojibway done 12 miles in it so far doing another 12 (sposored walk for canser research on the brecon monmouth canal) on sunday
check out the meeteps section ( river wye canoe trip) perfect oppertunity to practise both canoeing and bushcraft cheers and welcome again lyn.

David B

May 12, 2006
Tadcaster North Yorks
lyndon said:
check out the meeteps section ( river wye canoe trip) perfect oppertunity to practise both canoeing and bushcraft cheers and welcome again lyn.
Hi and thanks for the warm welcome from you all.
I am trying to get my holidays sorted so I can come on the meet, so we could share some skills as by then I hope to have passed my 4* canoe test. Will post on the meets thread if I manage to sort out some holidays.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Wecome to bcuk :)
Hammocks? Hmmm, no, not my thing, so can't help there. Though those who do use them enthuse about the comfort.

Cheers,
Toddy

David B

May 12, 2006
Tadcaster North Yorks
MagiKelly said:
And whiskey, porridge, trangias :rolleyes: Not sure you will fit in here David :p but welcome anyway.
Iam trying! there is a swedish trangia set on its way to me at the moment and I am looking for a Swani. And as you know most of my kit is allready Green :nana:
As for porridge I had a mojor Stomach op a few years ago and had to live on Mush for 6 weeks ate enough porridge to last forever. :yuck: And Whisky I suppose it could be quite an education : :beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE