First aid pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
zip lock bags - pack everything, first aid kit and otherwise, in them.

In the army we even wrapped field dressings in them - as a bonus the bag them could act as a seal for a sucking chest wound.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
In St Johns we also packed each bit in zip lock bags before putting it in the pouch, It has the advantage that id you can't find what you need you can tip things out without any problems and things ddon't get wet when you open the kit to get to things

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Even though I carry my FAK in a relatively water resistant belt pouch, everything gets placed into a Ziploc baggie first and like Gary stated, the bag has other uses.

Here's the pouch. It's an East German mil issue pouch that is rubberized inside and has a rubber flap the covers the gear before the actual flap is closed and secured.

Germanpouch.jpg

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
The problem with ziplock bags are that the only ones I can find are over 2 litres wich makes them too big. A couple of small ziplock bags would work so that you could separete all the items and have them in separete zip lock bags.

Had most of my FAK in a zip lock bag before, but when a accident happened and I had to empty the whole bag to find some small things.

Anyone know a good place to buy small zip lock bags?

D

djm

Viking

As a source of many sized ziplock bags try (in a fitting way) Viking Direct office supplies:

http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/(345qwg45ebr30a45a0szbl55)/catalogfamily.aspx?id=75602477

I've oredered from them before and use the bags all the time.

Cheers

Duncan

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
tedw said:
Have a look at this:

http://www.cccoutdoors.com/products.asp?recnumber=242

They're great people to deal with, will do international orders. You should be able to find a local stockist, anyway.

Good luck,

Ted W

can you just get the pouches for these?

I'd get a small dry bag from somewhere like here and put in what kit I know I like and use a lot. Though knowing what gets used a lot takes using your kit a lot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE