First Aid Course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

halo

hi guys,what dates have been decided,as i would like to attend this course,i'll be traveling from notts so would like to know where the venue is and what accomodation would be needed eg tarp/hammock,tent,b&b and what parking's available,also what would i need to bring with me?

cheer's halo

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
halo said:
hi guys,what dates have been decided,as i would like to attend this course,i'll be traveling from notts so would like to know where the venue is and what accomodation would be needed eg tarp/hammock,tent,b&b and what parking's available,also what would i need to bring with me?

cheer's halo

15th - 17th of September. Should be enough time for people to book time off etc.

There is plenty of parking at the site. Accomodation is your choice really. Camping is not essential but we will be running the course in 250+acres of woodland. Plenty of room for tents and hammocks.

Only kit you need to bring is your usual camping kit and spare clothing. All equipment and resources will be provided. This is a self catering course though.

There will be a communal fire in the woods for cooking etc. The teaching will involve plenty of practical examples and lots of student activity into the night.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Well as long as the course doesn't actually start Friday during the day then I'm in. Can I pay a deposit for the moment and settle up nearer the time?

Wayne have you got any details so I can find out if its recognised by Hampshire County Council for DoE.

Cheers and all the best

Matt

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
I'm checking with SWMBO and work dates all bieng equal I am so up for this. I already have FAW certification, could you tell me what certification (if any) this will add and who is authorising the certification. Not that it affects me but it will help me convince others that I need the time free.

Nick

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
The certification centre for this course will be Lifesigns Group. The course exceeds the appointed person certificate that will be issued. However as the focus is on real situations faced in remote situations it is useful to those with a FAW cert. This course is a far more than make a call and wait for the paramedics.

I feel its a must for anyone travelling or spending time in more inaccessable areas. AlthoughI I would say that its my course.

Matt i am pretty certain it is recognised by DoE as I will check tomorrow.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
weekend_warrior said:
I'm up for it!! Are there still any places left? Let me know and I'll pay up :D

Oooo and could we do child resus too? (even if its off ticket!)

We can add Child Resus no problem. It's your course. :)

If anyone has a special request let me know on this thread and i can adjust the course and get the equipment to cover it.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Tony said:
A fantastic offer for Bushcraft UK Members

The site is near Arundel (that being the nearest train station) picking people up from there is no problem.

Friday night will be setting up, getting to know each other etc and the First Aid will be over the following two days.

Payment can be via Cheque or PayPal Payments to - shop@bushcraftuk.net

Hope to see some of you there

Matt.

I checked and the certificate will be vaild for all NGBs. Ie DoE, ML, BCU YHA etc.

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
Wayne said:
We can add Child Resus no problem. It's your course. :)

If anyone has a special request let me know on this thread and i can adjust the course and get the equipment to cover it.

Right! I'm in! Paying now... :)

Paid! :lmao: :You_Rock_

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
I would like to come if there is a place left
I have requested the time off work , but have not had a reply yet :banghead:

Love my job :sad6:

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Wayne

If youre talking about tailoring the course could you get into detail on improvised splints & fracture immobilasion. Ive had experience if these and it wasnt nice. I think its an essential for wilderness/ inaccessable first aid to do well and effectively.

Nick

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hello Wayne.
Can you put my name down on the list please for this September course. PM also on it's way re payment. Many thanks from Swyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE