Firesteel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Ah, thanks for that.
I thought you meant one of the Army firesteels he's selling.
You recommend this one then? Do you think it would be suitable for fitting a wooden handle to? (That's what I intend to do)
Cheers. :)

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
well the reason i choose that one was when i attempt to do my own knife i can have a matching firesteel, so i dont see any reason why you can fit i handle thats my intention, as for recommending it, it produces showers of sparks without effort, so yes i would, and it set my tinder off easily, just tried it

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
spoony said:
just came today big thick fat one, off ebay from someone called bushcraftuk, anything to do with this site??? top guy, and the thing sparks like a goodun,

the bushcraftuk on ebay has nothing what so ever to do with this website, just somone taking advantage I'm afraid.

H

Hi Lander

I have only sucseded once with the bow and drill, so don't worry :)

leon-1

Hi mate as promised a picture of the firesteel, it still has a few finishing touches required, but most things that I have lying around here do:)

jounifiresteel4wl.jpg

leon-1

The wood is striped ebony and really needs finishing properly.

All you need is some araldite, a block of wood and the steel for materials.

Tools, a 10mm drill bit, the drill, a vice (not really needed, but makes life a lot easier) and sand paper / abrasives of various grades.

When it is finished along with the accompanying knife I will post pictures in more detail:).

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Kiamyr said:
Ebay

That one should be okay, shouldn't it?

Has anyone bought of this person before?

they are ok but very thin, i have one> You can light a fire no probs, just small and fiddly, the larger firesteels are a lot bigger and thicker, and to be honest produce a hell of a lot more sparks with less effort, i would go for the larger firesteel kind to be honest,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE