Firesteel - Ireland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
British Red said:
loz,

PM me your address and I'll send you a large firesteel without a handle (no charge). Deal is you have to make your own handle and bung a picture up on the site at some point (check out "pimp my firesteel" for inspiration) :D

Red
Loz.
You dont get an offer like that very often - and when you do it would be foolish to turn it down!

Red,
Have some rep.

Nice one

Ogri the trog

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
Ogri the trog said:
Loz.
You dont get an offer like that very often - and when you do it would be foolish to turn it down!

Red,
Have some rep.

Nice one

Ogri the trog

Couldn't of put it better myself. P@ul

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
dwardo said:
Any reason for not online ? the reason i ask is www.firesteel.co.uk crakin fella great price £7 delivered :eek: with hand made wooden handle of your choice !
Thanks for that recommendation, just placed an order with the site now. Contacted him to see if he knew of the BushcraftUK communtiy, and seems like a nice person, dealing with my order very quickly. :) Very kind offer btw British Red.

fiacha

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
hi,

you can get the LightMyFire steels from Great Outdoors (was there yesterday) and Army Bargains. they are around €16 for the army model i think.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
fiacha said:
hi,

you can get the LightMyFire steels from Great Outdoors (was there yesterday) and Army Bargains. they are around €16 for the army model i think.

GOD had none last weekend - but i'll try again - Wheres Army Bargins ? that the pace on Capel st or Parnell Sq ?

Thanks

Loz

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
British Red said:
loz,

PM me your address and I'll send you a large firesteel without a handle (no charge). Deal is you have to make your own handle and bung a picture up on the site at some point (check out "pimp my firesteel" for inspiration) :D

Red

Hi Red,

Sexy new steel received today - so watch this space for handle pimping as promised !

Thanks Again

Loz

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Blimey, it took its time :D

Really glad you got it safe loz - have lots of fun experimenting with tinders and techniques. I know I did. Trouble is it gets addictive and you start in on flint and steel and then bows and pistons ;)

Actually - theres no trouble with that at all!

Red

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
OK,

Not great but handled !

image_00183.jpg

Handgrip !

image_00182.jpg

Thumbgrip !

I know its a bit bulky - but due to available wood and the crappy GerberGater folder being used !!

Loz

Reactions: British Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Loz,

Damn - is that a firesteel or are you pleased to be here :D

Lovely work mate

You have rep for "following up"

If you need more - shout (nice to see its been used mate)

Red

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Thanks Red,

Its in use but only in backgarden "test mode" at present, yet to use " wild" as it were.

My 6 year old Daughter has it down to a tee !, and continually arrives home from school with pockets of Birch Bark peelings for " Garden Toast making" !!!

Cheers
Loz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE