Firelighting, mojo style....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobFromHolland

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 9, 2006
Rotterdam, NL
I'm a bit confused here about which technique is more impressive...

your fire lighting technique or
your video editing technique...

man... I still have a lot to learn :D

Nicely done!

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
ScottC said:
That's just poor bushcraft and potentially hazardous :banghead:

Poor bushcraft? - what using a kilo of incendiary to light a fire, surely not? :D

Dangerous? Yes, I would think so. :D

Scott, it's called ironic comedy.

Lighten up a little mate, I think you may have missed the joke. ;)

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Come on Mojo, own up - That's not really you at all is it.
It's Ray Mears after they told him they'd turned the cameras off.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
Lol, I almost fell of my chair, lol.

Well, if you are properly trained the dangers are minimal. As for not being bushcraft, I don't know about that. Alot of people use meths, gas stoves, gel fuel, Hex tabs.

Never the less it was fun to watch.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Oh I got the apparent hilarity, just didn't find it funny, maybe that's just me.

I couldn't care less whether it's supposed to be amusing or not or whether it puts mojofilter at risk but the fact is extremely hot flamming matter dripping and flying about in all directions onto the humus layer potentially creates a severe danger to the forest. Surely I thought 'bushcrafters' who have a concern about the environment could appreciate that?

There are far more practical ways of lighting a fire without the need to put a forest at risk for the sake of some machismo joke.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I prefer explosives and a napalm strike, some times i use a whole forest to light a ciggy :rolleyes:

Come on Scott it was funny ;) lol

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Yeah there's nothing like a potential forest fire to get the old diaphragm pumping hey :rolleyes:

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
You've certainly lived up to the line in your signiture Mojo! :p

I don't consider myself a bar humbug but if you were on my land chucking flares about with a can of beer in your hand you'd be finding yourself bounced off the place in less time than it takes to light a fire from a flare ;)

Still, if that's how you light your fires that's up to you......think I'll stick with my 38p bic lighter :lmao:

Cheers,

Bam. :)

Reactions: The Joker

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nice one Mojo, an expensive, but very effective way to light a fire :lmao:

PS, I note your wearing DPM trousers, not very bushcraft is it?

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I couldn't care less whether he uses the bowdrill or a bloody air strike to light his fire, I'm not being elitist, what riled me was the danger he presented to the forest and it's inhabitants by being so thoughtless without any apparent concern.

Doesn't set a very good example does it?

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
ScottC said:
I couldn't care less whether he uses the bowdrill or a bloody air strike to light his fire, I'm not being elitist, what riled me was the danger he presented to the forest and it's inhabitants by being so thoughtless without any apparent concern.

Doesn't set a very good example does it?

I dunno, I think there could be a genuine application for thermite firestarters for emergency outdoor situations. Once the thermite has burned through, there is no more risk to the surroundings than with any other fire. If the area is pretty wet, as most of the UK often is, the danger of causing a forrest fire is pretty much nil. I wonder if you could pack a sparkler and a 250g can of thermite into some suitable packaging? You could do a camo version for the army.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE