FireBow in Lost

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Did any one watch 'Lost' where Bernard was on the beach with a fire bow, after a few pathetic movements(about 4" in each direction) a flame suddenly appeared from the hearth.
Aaaaaaargh!!!! enough to make you cry with frustation at the makers not being acurate.

The same thing happened in Pepper Pig the other day.:) Not managed it that easy but I have kipped in the car in my time, like daddy pig ended up doing:D

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
Yeah I agree the firebow was laughable, but I do love getting lost in lost, it's just a touch of madness, we know the reality, don't mess with the fantasy!!

Armleywhite

Nomad
Apr 26, 2008
Leeds
www.motforum.com
Jeez people, it's a fictional entertainment show. I don't think it will ever get an oscar or a mention in the anals of the historically accurate, or even meaningful media.

Subjectivity my friends, subjectivity!

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
I really just considered it from a storytelling point of view. Time travel and smoke monsters and such things are elements in the story and as unrealistic as they are they are doing a good job of portraying those things. The information is certainly out there regarding the wilderness survival aspects of the show and could be told in a way that makes for good storytelling rather than break the "spell" so to speak. Mac

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
I must admit I enjoy watching lost! :slap: I also saw the firebow!... Dont know what your all complaining about; I too get instant flame after 5 strokes don't you? :p

Its ironic that the writers would have actually put this part in, a poor attempt to add a bit of authenticity to them always having fire; and in doing so they get it wrong and its far from authentic.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE