FireBow in Lost

Did any one watch 'Lost' where Bernard was on the beach with a fire bow, after a few pathetic movements(about 4" in each direction) a flame suddenly appeared from the hearth.
Aaaaaaargh!!!! enough to make you cry with frustation at the makers not being acurate.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Its o.k m8, all this will mean is a couple of hundred people will go out into their garden and try the same thing they saw, and will fail miserably, and we will laugh...... :D

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
yeah but when its cold and damp and there's no heat in your bones and your damn firebow just isn't getting any burning wood. then this is when you cry remembering the utter (deleted expletive) in lost. ;)

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
I was watching with my daughter and she said, "This should be interesting". It was downright pyrotechnic, snap, flash! Must have been wood from the famous tropical Bic tree. About the only realistic part of it was the failure to make fire, that is certainly a big part of the friction fire experience. Mac

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
In contrast i thought Tom Hanks attempts at fire ploughing in castaway was quite realistic

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Sorry man, got this far and gave up "The Lost Encyclopedia" :dunno:

64 episodes sheesh. They deserve to still be lost, if i did watch it that would be 64 hours of my life i would never get back :eek:

Some are lost some are home. The ones who got home want to go back and the ones still there wanna go home.

inthewids

Nomad
Aug 12, 2008
Morayshire
hahaha, got it in one ^^ i tried watching it but it was just so far fetched and the perfect hair/ make up/no weight lost/ no diarhhea from just fruit etc annoyed me, what a load of cobblers!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE