finished the Green man carving

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scoffham

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2009
Cumbria
Cheers for the bump red, Jons work looks amazing, especially with it being ash. I have found this difficult to carve as it loves to split... I've recently taken up carving, as I was brought a number of books for christmas last year, Now I have something to aim for!

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Finally finished carving and oiled with linseed

gm5.jpg

One hell of a leather stamp!:lmao:

Super work.

Cheers

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
That's one heck of a carving, have yet to figure out what green men are though, apart from leafy faces I mean, or is that exactly what they are... Is there a story behind them or something?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
What a lovely piece, cheers Red, I did miss that first time round. Love to see it now that it has been aged by time for a couple of years.

Green men are great, I have loads of them in my house and garden. Not to mention my old avatar.

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
Hi guys! Thanks for all your compliments!

I havnt been on BCUK in a long time so it was nice to come back and see some of my work at the top of the forum!

I will take a picture tomorrow of the greenman so that you can see what it looks like now... Hes going a little grey in the face these days. I have it nestled into a climbing plant on the wall

Cheers!

Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE