Finally got some woods. Yay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DanBow

Nomad
Nov 29, 2010
Wrexham, North Wales
As the title says, I have been given permission to use some woods not too far from where I live. I can do whatever bushcrafty stuff I like and take my rifle to make a dent in the pigeon population.

So I can now stop being a, mostly, armchair enthusiast to being the real deal. ha ha

so what to do first?

Answers on a postcard please. Best answer wins a . . . . . erm . . . . . . .nod of approval from me. :)

Dan

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Simple

1. Walk though the woods
2. Find a nice spot
3. Get a brew on
4. Set up Camp.
5. Start a fire (have a brew)
6. Sort out some food and a brew
7. Stay the Night.
8. Have breaky and a brew then pack up and tidy up.
9. Leave happy and content.
10. Repeat ASAP

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
last time i went out on my own i tried making a few different styles of pot stands, i like this one simple and fun to make, i stashed it somewhere safe and dry for next time im out again, and also you can choose the pot stands that work for you and your set up ;)
5284f983-73da-9ef9.jpg

Thenihilist

Nomad
Oct 3, 2011
Fife, Scotland
Nice rig!

Looks like a variation of the burtonsville rig mors describes.
You'd get better results with 1 stick at 45 degrees propped up with the hanger coming vertical of the crosspiece.
The pot hanger notch is great because if you make it right the pot hanger should be able to swing quite a lot in any direction without falling of.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
do a recon, of the place, then try keep it invisible from ignorant, and anybody who just chuck rubbish anywhere, have some sort of rules, cook in one place only, camp in another and at least try to leave no trace no the land, then enjoy the place, also try planting a few shrubs and a few trees wherever you have bigger gaps around your woods. also you can make a few benches, tables, with forked sticks then take them down. cheers the interceptor boy. carved yourself a nice Kuska, spoon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE