Figure 4 deadfall vs Pauite ( sp?) deafall.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Mind I asked you to go and read the guidelines ?

This time I'm telling you to do it.

Do not advocate or encourage illegal activity on the forum.

It's not HM the Q's deer, fish or whatever, it belongs to the riparian owner, and regardless of *who* owns it, there are species specific restrictions.

Toddy

leahcim

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2011
USA
I am native America so i can legally do anything I want on the rez, plus going to other native rez, Cherokee Eastern Band, Creek, Yurok, Miami Seminole, White Apache, San Carlos Apache, Hopi, Tohono, Fort Apache, we can do what we like. We are not Americans, our rez is an actual nations within America. I was merely pointing out if you are in a survival sitituion then do what you got to do, in America that isnt illegal if you need to survive on. anyone trapping with snares deadfalls, pits is merely illegal anywhere in the world. I was only making a joke about Robinhood, and if you actual know the story, he upheld king riochards kingdom when others abandon King Richards authority. butto do that he had to break the new kings law. The department of natural resources here do a lot of illegal practice behind closed doors and I see them doing it when i m out there/ I was pointing out, people in authority are not even keeping the rules. Hard for a UK person to understand Americans, they say one thing and do another. They hug you and stab your back while hugging you. They look you in the eye with sincerity and oity while robbing you blind. Come to the southern backwoods of Georgia, South carolina, Tennessee, and Alabama and you will quicklyu understand what I am saying, the police are the crooks here. the moment they ealize you out of town, you are going seriously pay big time. They dont like outsiders from anywhere in the extreme backwoods here. But I am very cool with you, thats why I am on here.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Mind those guidelines ?
......guess what ?

Three things we do not discuss on the forum; politics, religion and racism.

There's no point complaining to us; we're the entire Atlantic Ocean away from America.
Away and complain to your local and national press, or since I understand that the First Nations reserved areas have their own police forces, complain to them or join them and sort it out.

Toddy

leahcim

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2011
USA
I figured you out toddy, you were in the service and tried out for the elite 3 times and where not allowed to become one, so bear grylls gets you mad, because that was suppose to be your show!!! so you settle on Ray instead to make your rejection from the elite corp a little less harsh on your ego. Yeah, I am a bushman, not a survivalist, but in reality you proabaly walk out in your garden pick a few slugs and cooke dthem up on toast because you saw it in fear factor last week, and all of sudden you are bushman.

any government training, tells you to learn to blend in with the locals, and if you you can't then know how to talk yourslef into them liking you. Any real elite training would teach you that, but since you failed the course 3 times, you didnt get that tidbit. but its okay, if you come here, i will recuse you from the country folks in the backwoods. I guess you never watched the movie DELIEVERANCE, that is the real deal up here sometimes. here is a clip of it, incase you never seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj4LnfkdJDM this is what happens to non locals in these woods.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ehm, actually I'm a little middle aged lady.
I'm an archaeologist. These days I'm mostly a housewife :D

oh, and I Moderate this forum.

No I don't watch tv, who has time ??

Funny you should say that though, 'cos Drewdunnrespect said that he expected me to be a 6'4" ex marine sergeant :eek: Instead he found me a quietly spoken 5'2" mum :rolleyes:

Toddy

leahcim

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2011
USA
thats right we were all getting along until toddy starts attacking people based on what she would like to hear and what she wouldnt. whichj I thought was a guy since everyone said she was a guy. who care sif youare acamper, survivalist, bushman, gardener, etc, if you like to learn then so be it, but toddy wants to make it her page and attack anything people are saying. So what she lives in a rain drench area, I lived in the tropics, redwood forest and Smokies, all which are extremely wet enviroments. there are ways around fire, and i was merely pointing it out, but toddy keeps attacking everything I say, which is pitiful PITTING WILD BLACK CHERIES< what a laugh toddy, you seriously never tried doing that one expert ethnobotantist. You are the type of person who writes books on plants but seriously never tried them out for yourself, I see. anyways I am gone, done with retards from the UK.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
still want to know why if you are who and what you say you are you have only been living this way for only 25 years, and why o yu feel it so important to keep touting this Leahcim?

leahcim

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2011
USA
Southy I grew up in the Swamps of the great Okeeliving with my Creek native blood, I grew up in Carolina Bays in Yamasee, Ashepoo, waccamaw people, and Part in the Hills of Cherokee nation with my dad. I always been in the woods hunting, fishing, gardening etc. It was 25 years ago I got very serious into my roots, and went to live with totally in the woods for exteneted peroids of time with nothing. Most natives could care less about who they are, they want internet, cash, drugs etc. I was trained by my people, and then have traveling living with other tribes, I just spent 15 months with the Apache. tribes exchange knowledge noone is allowed to know, stuff I will never say on here. i am who I say I am, not bragging, it is just what I do, and was trying to help on here, but I am okay just to read now, and let ya'll do the talking. after this day, I will rather listen and learn for any tidbit of info can save years of pain, like I was trying to do withthe peg deadfall trap, and the cherry page. I am willing to learn from other parts of the world, some of my elders dont agree I should be sharing anything with anyone, but I am a little open minded, but still respect m,y elders. the fire thing was merely a question what would you do for a NIGHT, not for a life style so it is better to learn not to have fire at all, that way you always be comfortable. I told you I have been places where no fire material extisted, not even an old tire. so what would you do in that issue if you were me, you would master learning to do without fire in extreme problems. A fire is an luxury, and a gift. but anyways, i am outa year, I got bark to peel, and magnolia leaves to collect.

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I get that chap, but there is no sense in get riyled because some one has a differing attitude, OR because they also have to eforce the rules of the forum, this really is a good place but you have to know your audience, now im not meaning to be harsh at all but you started off with an intro fair enough but then you started throwing out your views with out seeming gauging what type of place this is and what kind of scenarios we get in this country, regardless of subject, you wont get on with out taking time to integrate a little, we all for the most part get along great, even if we disagree, but we don't throw around insults or tell people how it is, because its different for every one, just take a while and read rather than scim the thread and tell us how hard it is in your world, the most I ever do is offer an opinion, no point doing anything more as people will judge weather to believe you by your preceding posts, and shouting the odds wont help, that ia of course if you want to stick around, I would also recommend looking out for the "Things that go bump in the night thread"

Have fun dude, stay sane,

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by leahcim
thats right we were all getting along until toddy starts attacking people based on what she would like to hear and what she wouldnt. whichj I thought was a guy since everyone said she was a guy. who care sif youare acamper, survivalist, bushman, gardener, etc, if you like to learn then so be it, but toddy wants to make it her page and attack anything people are saying. So what she lives in a rain drench area, I lived in the tropics, redwood forest and Smokies, all which are extremely wet enviroments. there are ways around fire, and i was merely pointing it out, but toddy keeps attacking everything I say, which is pitiful PITTING WILD BLACK CHERIES< what a laugh toddy, you seriously never tried doing that one expert ethnobotantist. You are the type of person who writes books on plants but seriously never tried them out for yourself, I see. anyways I am gone, done with retards from the UK.

:sigh:
I said, if you had bothered to read, that we don't have those black cherries, we don't dry cherries, it's too damned wet and cold. We don't crush the stones in ours, the cyanide doesn't disappear because we don't get the blasted things hot enough.
Historically, and prehistorically we just eat the cherries and spit out the stones.

Oh, and I have *never* claimed to be a guy; I like being female :D

Yes, there are ways around having a fire, but here, in our green land, even when fuel empoverished, our ancestors burned the topsoil rather than do without. They had to, many meats need cooked, oats need to be dried into groats before they can be eaten, smoking to preserve needs fire, and those are only a few of the reasons. Have a look at, "Catching Fire; how cooking made us human" by Richard Wrangham.

Frankly you're attacking me, you are personalising any comment that tries to open your mind to the differences in our environments and relevant strategies.

If instead of pontificating you simply discussed your lifestyle and the skills you use, you'd find us truly interested. Instead you're turning this thread into a diatribe.

Shame really.

Toddy

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
You only had friends on this forum leahcim but the enormous chip you have on your shoulder is blocking your view.....I for one would have been very interested to hear about your life , discuss it that is, not have it repeatedly rammed down my throat, I'm sorry for your problems dude but I think you've out stayed your welcome.

Last edited:

leahcim

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2011
USA
you know all of yall are right, I did get a little out of hand, and I aplogize for that. The older I get, the less I want to chat with people about wwhat they should and shouldnt do, just let them have their fun in whatever way they want to have fun. Toddy I never said you were a guy, others did on here. It all started because someone was getting my post knocked off several times, and since Toddy started attacking I assume it was here. bottom/U/ME, yeah I made an bottom of myself, and for that I will excuse myself, and let yall do the chating for now on, unless someone ask my opion. Southey is right, no since getting all riyled up. Just didnt understand why someone was deleting my post every time I chatted on hear, but left the stuff on here that made me look like an bottom or a jerk. whatever life to short to fight. but anyways, if you accept my apoligi then thanks, if not its okay.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
you know all of yall are right, I did get a little out of hand, and I aplogize for that. The older I get, the less I want to chat with people about wwhat they should and shouldnt do, just let them have their fun in whatever way they want to have fun. Toddy I never said you were a guy, others did on here. It all started because someone was getting my post knocked off several times, and since Toddy started attacking I assume it was here. bottom/U/ME, yeah I made an bottom of myself, and for that I will excuse myself, and let yall do the chating for now on, unless someone ask my opion. Southey is right, no since getting all riyled up. Just didnt understand why someone was deleting my post every time I chatted on hear, but left the stuff on here that made me look like an bottom or a jerk. whatever life to short to fight. but anyways, if you accept my apoligi then thanks, if not its okay.

Welcome back dude, ...you can reply to the threads anytime you like, we'll all be interested in your opinions but try to avoid telling people what they SHOULD or SHOULDN'T do & that your ways are the only ones that should exist.
We know who you are now, so no need to remind us of your credentials with every post.

Stay cool buddy.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I've always found it better to sit outside the warmth of the fire and be asked in, rather than bluster in and blow it out!:p

Have a read of this dude, what do you reckon to the guy in the woods eating the nuts?

Just to say you will also read a few negative comments toward TB Jnr, but each is equally right to hold there own opinion of course:)

Just looking for you thoughts being as your an exponent of his teachings,

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE