Fifth Underblanket Group Buy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
OK I have secumbed again.It's probably a bit early in the year yet but here goes.
Total cost is £57.84 inc vat,PP charges and delivery. Details are the same as in all other buys.
The list is as follows.

Spamel
Aragon
Silverback
Gorilla
Gwhtbushcraft
Womble
Angus Og
Pollit

Anyone else who wants one please add yourself o the BOTTOM of the list. When it reaches 30 I will start asking for names addresses and payment. Any questions? feel free.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Spamel x 2!
Aragon
Silverback
Gorilla
Gwhtbushcraft
Womble
Angus Og
Pollit

And what with the weather at the moment, (it's peeing it down here in Silkstone at the moment heralding the end of summer, which started ten minutes before the rain did!) it is probably a good idea to jump on the band wagon, god knows there have been loads of groupbuy hammocks purchased, you wouldn't want to get a cold because you didn't buy an underblanket!

Glad this buy may now get off the ground! Thanks very much for giving in!:You_Rock_

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
I had better take you off the list then. If you use it to lie on the insulation will be compressed, rendering it significantly less able to do its job.
The reason it is called an underblanket is that it hangs UNDER the hammock, therefore NO weight is placed on it. The hammock carries your weight, therefore NO compression of insulation.
Hate to say it but a Thermarest would be better to use on the ground.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
I had better take you off the list then. If you use it to lie on the insulation will be compressed, rendering it significantly less able to do its job.
The reason it is called an underblanket is that it hangs UNDER the hammock, therefore NO weight is placed on it. The hammock carries your weight, therefore NO compression of insulation.
Hate to say it but a Thermarest would be better to use on the ground.

ok ian - feel like a noob now! thanks for the info

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
thanks for adding me to the list Ian, been away for a week and was panicing this would go ahead before i got back :rolleyes:, nice site we stayed on by the way, called forest glade, near cullompton Devon.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Certainly you can. But they are ALL large now. From 2nd Group Buy they have all been large. Saves confusion.

Spamel x 2!
Aragon
Silverback
Gorilla
Gwhtbushcraft
Womble
Angus Og
Pollit
JamesOConnor
Charlie KMQ

Just curious, but what does KMQ stand for?

Aug 16, 2007
Crawley
As this seems a polite forum, I use the initials of my surname (Kay-McQue), the initials I use most other places are C.T.B (Charlie The B*****d) - I have the same middle name as Winnie The Poo and Attilla The Hun! hope that clears that up!!
Charlie

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Can anyone tell me how these attach to the hammock? I can't find the thread for the original GB with the details/pics.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Just to clarify things. These Underblankets and the Quilts are made by Snugpak on my order, they are only available from myself. I get a bit annoyed when people try to go direct to Snugpak. They wont supply you, due to copyright law, so please, if you want one put your name on the list. We need 30 orders to make this doable. So if people try to go behind my back it may deprive genuine people from getting one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE