Field Cooker attached to tree

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Quite funny I thought ;)

santili01.jpg

"field cooker by stefano santilli of studio22a, is a portable device which was designed to prepare and fry
wild mushrooms. field cooker aims to encourage the consumption of nature. the device attaches to a tree
which becomes both an outdoor kitchen and resting place aiming to facilitate pause. the individual in charge
with the cooking leans on the tree to take in his environmental surroundings while preparing a meal.'

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/8/view/3629/field-cooker-by-stefano-santilli.html

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Probsbly worth a fortune, probably been bought by loads of fat old gits who don't have a clue. What's wrong with a Trangia on the deck? It's even using a burner unit, the bloody cheek!

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
[QUOTE field cooker aims to encourage the consumption of nature[/QUOTE]

Well, that's it then, Nuclear Armageddon, Global Warming and Meteorite Strikes won't destroy the world!

No, it'll be some twonk, consuming nature with a meths burner strapped to a bleedin tree!

Nostradamus never predicted this!

On the bright side however, it should'nt happen too quick, we may just have time to enjoy the bits of nature that don't get consumed too soon.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Probsbly worth a fortune, probably been bought by loads of fat old gits who don't have a clue. What's wrong with a Trangia on the deck? It's even using a burner unit, the bloody cheek!

That was my thought. What's so very wrong with the floor. Go outside - enjoy nature - but don't get too close to it - oh no.

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
There's going to some of those Freely available to some of us pretty soon. You'll find them in the woods already set up on a tree and a decomposing body beside it leaning on the tree, poisoned by which ever fungi they couldn't identify but thought might be alright.

So keep your eyes peeled and we'll see who gets one first.

Andy:beerchug:

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
probably been bought by loads of fat old gits who don't have a clue. What's wrong with a Trangia on the deck?

Thats maybe why it was made to be able to cook at chest level so they did'nt have to bend or kneel being old would make it difficult getting up from the ground being old and fat would be a nightmare:D :D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
This post is really spooky for me. I have a gimbals mount from a boat designed for a small single burner paraffin stove coming from a mate in the states and I've been thinking about what to do with it as I'm no sailor. One idea was to rig a harness so the stove mount could be used with a tree as support, giving a level waist high cooking area, then this post comes along, like I said, its spooky:eek:

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
What a brilliant idea, a sort of woodland bistro/cocktail bar. I could have a bloody mary on the bark. I've really really gotta get me one of those, I must be a fat ole git that don't do bending then?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE