Feuerhand hurricane lamp conversion.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I'm having problems with Photo bucket at the moment so was trying out Flickr. The item no. On eBay is 191592089525 and I suppose it is more or less the same but with an added lcd display?

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I'm having problems with Photo bucket at the moment so was trying out Flickr. The item no. On eBay is 191592089525 and I suppose it is more or less the same but with an added lcd display?
looks more like an LED display to me - the one in your first post has one also?

I'm still going with 10K for the CV pot - the marking on the top - W103 - I think is the value, in the absence of any other visible number.
The way it works is the first 2 digits are the start of the value and the last digit tells you how many '0's to add so 103 = '10' + '000'. i.e. 10,000 Ohms, or 10kOhm.

The marking at the bottom of the face next to the CV print show you which pin is which - the value will be between the outer pins.
If there wasn't a pin out, if you take it out of the circuit, then call the pins A,B and C for example. check between each pair, so A-B, A-C and B-C.
The largest value will be between the track ends, and is the value of the pot.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Right, I have been at it with the soldering iron and your right, the pot is 10K. I have removed the blue CV pot and wired into its place a 10K thumb twist potentiometer.

Its working brilliantly!!! I have full dimming capability from candle flame to pressure lantern bright!

I have it running on 2 x 18650 cells in series and I found if I set the CC pot much above 2 Amps I start getting some issues on full brightness. This won't matter as at 2 Amps its plenty bright! It's great being able to set the max amperage so no matter how far you turn the dimmer it never goes above your set figure.

What I have noticed is that there is a micro processor chip on the board and it gets quite warm on full power, and hot even over my 2 A max. It did come with a little stick on heat sink and at 2A it seems to just stay warm.

Im really annoyed photo bucket is playing up but I will get a vid up failing pictures!

Thanks for all the help fellas.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Ok here are a couple of pretty poor pics in bad light of the guts before packing it all in the base. There is also a toggle switch to the left of the filler and the dimmer to the right. At 2 A it's very bright in the other pic it's on as low as it goes! Hope you like...

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Not sure? I have 2 x 2900 mAh batteries in series and the LED on full is pulling 2A @ 5.7 W @ 2.9 volts. At least an hour and a half I think, maybe more but my brain won't let me do the maths!!

Feb 6, 2017
Phoenix,USA
Hi..i am a new user here. In my case I have it running on 2 x 18650 cells in series and I found if I set the CC pot much above 2 Amps I start getting some issues on full brightness. This won't matter as at 2 Amps its plenty bright! It's great being able to set the max amperage so no matter how far you turn the dimmer it never goes above your set figure.What I have noticed is that there is a micro processor chip on the board and it gets quite warm on full power, and hot even over my 2 A max. It did come with a little stick on heat sink and at 2A it seems to just stay warm.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You can buy LED hurricane lanterns ready to use, there was really no need to murder a perfectly good paraffin lantern...shame on you :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE