Ferrule?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Hi all,

Just putting the last coat of varnish on a couple of thumb sticks I harvested at the beginning of last year, one for me and one for my good lady. However, was just wondering about ferrules ...... does anyone know here to get them online?

......... or do I resort to the old cartridge trick I’ve seen elsewhere?

Any help much appreciated.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
For the shiney metalic look, try an inch of copper tubing, swaged over a socket in the garage to open the top end! Gently tap it into place and cut off any deformed material - hey presto a shiney copper ferrule for less than pannies.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
For an even more hardwearing job, drill a hole into the bottom of the stick; squirt a dab of epoxy then insert a dome headed ‘coach bolt’. Fit your copper tube, and you are set. I did this to my hazel thumb stick 15 years ago and the stick is as good as it was when it was made

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Many thanks everyone!

I've just ordered a mixed bag online and hopefully one will fit as the sticks are different widths!

Will let you know the out come. We've got a spare "guest" stick so I think I might experiment with Tadpoles suggestion on that one.

Thanks again :You_Rock_ .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE