Favourite Mountain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
The Jungfrau - because it was a great trip up the railway and being able to be inside a glacier cave, and there were amazing views, and you could see huskies, and..........

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Really hard to say.
In summer, this baby: Store Midtmaradalstind, found in the Hurrungane massif of western Jotunheimen, Norway (actually they're all in Noreg, sorry to be unpatriotic :eek: )
Storemidtmaradal.jpg

In winter, it has to be a mountain very close to the last one, and considerably more famous: Store Skagastølstindane, famously first climbed by WC Slingsby. In winter this route is transformed, the glacier climb is soft but always exciting rather than dangerous. The final ice-rimed rock becomes very tricky in places - and that view! Words cannot...
I can't find a decent winter pic, so here's a summer one to give you at least a vague idea:
storen_stor.gif

It's really close, but I think I have to go with those two :)

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Another vote for the Buachaille here, for two reasons: firstly, when you see it, you're really getting into the Highlands, which is always exciting; secondly, when you see it, you've made it over Rannoch moor, which is always a relief. ;)

Why do cars always break down in the middle of Rannoch, at dusk, in the rain?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE