Farm on the hill overnight camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I recently got some new gear so wanted to head out for a night not too far from home.

I found farm on The Hill, http://www.farmonthehill.co.uk/

It's in Uttoxeter only a 45 mile drive for me, took an only an hour via A roads.

It is a lovey little quiet Eco farm I'd highly recommend and will be going back. Especially thinking a winter camp with a fire.

There site is very accurate and you instantly feel relaxed there.

A few photos:

I setup camp in a small wooded section:

0RUyV00.jpg

AlLx846.jpg

QHswaUF.jpg

3dpdQ7B.jpg

Some lovley views

NR3Z0l8.jpg

OkuxVc8.jpg

N0VpyAt.jpg

Z8cZ4Ki.jpg

G3cuFjO.jpg

FEWQXS2.jpg

KcWKsWO.jpg

I used my pop can stove to make a brew and boil some water (forgot my windshield though, Doh!)

0eGMbJx.jpg

9562v5j.jpg

AFwEqN2.jpg

Last edited:

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Reached too many photos so a few more:

I also got a small stove/ BBQ. I got some stainless steel 4mm mesh and cut it to fit the top, it worked great.

Uz7ngkg.jpg

tg2lp0M.jpg

NBlZPkp.jpg

gjPaMjp.jpg

B5aXyS5.jpg

The also have very nce simple toilets, they have showers too, but as it was only an overnighter I didn't use them.

hWWrmy7.jpg

All packed away just before the rain too lol

w3Ok4WC.jpg

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Looks like a good peaceful place to head out and chill out with no fuss nor bother :)

Sometimes we need that. It just kind of resets everything.

I hope you get the chance to enjoy many more quiet peaceful places :)

M

Reactions: Amon81

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
That really is my favourite kind of camping site. Once upon a time most sites were like that before people took up camping without learning how to do it properly. Good to know there are still some who know how to combine comfort with simplicity. Thanks for sharing and enabling me to indulge in a bit of nostalgia!

Totally agree, it’s a lovely site. An old canvas Force Ten would look at home there. As it is, I also have a Vango Banshee2, it’s a really good little tent for one.

Dean77

Dec 13, 2015
Derbyshire
Thanks so much for sharing. As this is literally 45 minutes from my house I'll definitely be giving this one a try. Many thanks. Dean.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Thanks. I really enjoy seeing what you see. Like the fire pit very much.
That steak looks like the makings of quite an outdoor celebration for supper.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I didn't post my food, so here are a couple more photos. The only other thing was some bread rolls.

H0cXsr8.jpg

The 2 rump steaks, a beer and 2 600ml bottles of nice cold water. I like the B&M rumps for only £2.50 each.

j5y1Pg7.jpg

A couple of flapjacks, a pack of boosts, a couple of waffles, a pack of super noodles (I didn't eat) and a tin of bacon grill.

I like that that bbq now has a used look to it:

Wt76Kt4.jpg

BZdsks4.jpg

Not soo much shiny stainless steel anymore.

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
Got ready to book a few days then at the bottom it says no dogs. Grrr. That gets on my wick.

Likewise. I do get it that there are irresponsible dog owners who get the rest of us a bad reputation.

But on a site like this? Is it really going to attract the kind of people who don't understand how to clear up after themelves.

Or maybe set one section of the site available for dog owners.

Maybe the owners have had a bad experience in the past - frustrating nonetheless, This is exactly the sort of site I'd like to use and support.

David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE